Chapter 41 ~Warming Up For My Match~

Start from the beginning

Gaara ignored me once again and went on a rampage, destroying a lot of trees and trying to find Sasuke. He's also laughing like a freak. I can see myself whenever I stare at him.... My old self. I don't really destroy things around me and just go on straight to the kill. I also laugh like him..... It's freaky and always give people the chills. Nevermind. I will protect Sasuke, even if I have to wound him!

I used my chakra and teleported, appearing mid-air behind Gaara and attacking him. This went on for a few minutes. Whenever he'll notice me near him, he'll swing that freaking nasty sand arm and try to hit me, but when he'll do, I'll always teleport and reappear in a direction where he can't see me.... And that went on like a cycle. For the eleventh time, I reappeared behind him, still in mid-air, and rapidly swung my scissors. I expected that I would be able to give him a cut on his still-normal arm using my scissors but the freaking sand just had to get in the freaking way. This caught his attention and to my disappointment, it also caught me off-guard. He released another growl-like battle cry and shoved me away like a fly using his nasty monster arm. I, for the third time, hit a tree and fell on the hard ground. Damn. I thought that I already caught him.... But I thought wrong.

"WHAT'S WRONG?!? YOU'RE NOT AFRAID OF ME, ARE YOU?!? YES, THAT'S IT!!! YOU FEAR ME, DON'T YOU, UCHIHA?!? YOU LIVE IN FEAR EVERYDAY I'M ALIVE!!"

I pushed myself up and coughed up blood. Disgusting. This tastes horrible. I'm fine with its smell, like seriously, I'm used to it because I always kill people before. I even play with their freaking organs and write bloody messages on the walls with their blood for the others to see.... But the taste is awful. I never imagined that it'll taste as horrible as this even after all of those murders I did. Nevermind. I wiped the blood off my chin and painfully stood up. My legs are trembling. I can't believe this. The hell is wrong with me?

-Flashback-

"So yeah. That would be my story. Awesome, huh?"

"That was..... That was horrible!! Did you find those rogues who killed your family?! Did you?!"

"Well, to be honest, there was no remaining trace of them. My sight was a bit blurry that time and my head was spinning. I couldn't remember what they looked like nor the village symbol on their forehead protectors. You can say that forgetting their appearances and only remembering them as shadows up until now was some kind of trauma or something because I was just a frightened and weak child back then. Yeah. I only remember them as black shadows. I only remember their body shape and how tall they were. Nothing more, nothing less, than that."

"They're so cruel.... So, after that, you killed people?"

"I was unconscious and when I woke up, the very first word that came in my mind was revenge. As I said before, I managed to escape and run away from those murderers. During that moment, when I woke up is what I was referring to, I could still remember the way back home. My feet did brought me back home and the bloody present from them to me was lying frozen on the ground beneath a tree a few meters away from our house. I didn't bother touch it and went on ahead. There was no sign of my brother. I didn't see his corpse nor the bodies of my parents. This made me open the box and as I expected, my parents' heads weren't there. All was left was the stains of their blood in and out of the house. Anyway, I rummaged through my father's drawers and found a knife. From then on, I trained myself and used it to murder people."

"It only means that you seek revenge, right? Then why don't your eyes look the same as mine? There isn't a sign of hatred in them." Gaara said after a long moment of deafening silence.

"I don't know. Well, about revenge, I still kind of want to kill ninjas, but I'm really not into it anymore. It's like..... It's like it's really pointless. Also, I don't despise or hate them at the time being. Because you and the others proved to me that all ninjas aren't the same. All ninjas aren't bad. There are still some ninjas who are worth trusting and those are my friends. Those include the three of you."

-Flashback Ends-

"WHAT'S WRONG, SASUKE UCHIHA?!? ARE YOU REALLY SO AFRAID OF ME?!?" I zoned out and remained holding my stomach. What's this feeling. I feel so soulless. I feel so light. I just want to sleep. I want to rest. I want to believe that any of this aren't even happening. That's it. I'll seriously finish this and take a damn peaceful nap.

"GAARA, YOU FREAKING JERK!! WHY DID YOU FREAKING IGNORE ME?!! COULDN'T YOU FREAKING SEE THAT I WAS THERE IN FRONT OF YOUR FREAKING FACE?!? HELL!! I FREAKING WANNA' SLICE HALF OF YOUR FREAKING NASTY SAND-LIKE BODY USING MY FREAKING SCISSORS!!! COULDN'T YOU BE SO DAMN KIND AND LET ME FREAKING DO IT WITHOUT ANY FREAKING DAMN TROUBLE?!? I FREAKING UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WANT TO FREAKING FIGHT THAT FREAKING SHOW-OFF AND FREAKING END YOUR DAMN UNFINISHED MATCH AND MAYBE THERE'S A FREAKING DEEPER REASON WHY YOU'RE SO FREAKING EAGER TO FREAKING RIP HIS JERKY BODY TO PIECES BUT EVEN SO, WHY WOULDN'T YOU FREAKING SPEAK TO ME FOR A FREAKING SECOND OR EVEN FREAKING BOTHER TO GIVE ME A FREAKING TINY PART OF YOUR FREAKING ATTENTION FOR ONCE?!? I FREAKING WANNA' KILL THAT FREAKING NASTY DEMON INSIDE YOU BUT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, RIGHT?!? LET ME FREAKING FIGHT YOU THEN!! I'LL FREAKING HELP YOU STOP THAT FREAKING JERKY BEAST FROM TAKING OVER YOU AND YOUR DAMN BRAIN!!!" I yelled, full-force, at the top of my lungs. Doing this will be probably enough to catch his attention. Ah damn. That took a lot of energy.

I held my scissors tightly and launched myself at him, straight on, once more. Gaara growled and attacked me using his freaky arm as expected. With a boost of chakra, I reappeared behind him and tried to go through his sand defense. Tried. I failed again.

My back collided with a tree for the fourth time, causing me to cough up blood. I yelped in pain but forced my eyes open anyway, just to see a ball of lightning thing behind a tree meters away from me. That must be Sasuke. He's planning to finish Gaara off. Argh. I don't know who to protect. I want both of them to be safe but if I continue this, it'll be suicide. I must stand up.... I must stop them. Damn. The only thing my body's able to do is to remain motionless and simply watch them. Sasuke and Gaara went on at each other and this ball of lightning thing destroyed the freaky arm of his, making him scream in pain. This made me stiff.

"G-Gaara....!! Sasuke, you jerk..... If Gaara dies, I'll shove my freaking scissors down your freaking throat..."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I SEE!! SO THAT'S WHAT IT IS!! NOW, IT'S CLEAR TO ME EXACTLY WHY I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!" I can't stand Gaara's voice. It freaking makes my head spin. My hands covered my ears and I kept my eyes tightly shut close. Gaara's different. Sasuke's right. I should've listened to him, but even though Gaara's different both physically and mentally at this moment, well, he's still the Gaara who I've been hanging out with. He's the same person.... He's just looking a bit different and acts way different from before but if you put it in a simple way, he's still Gaara.

A loud crash managed to go through my hands and to my sense of hearing. This made me open my eyes. It's Sasuke! I better help him. I better try. He's currently destroying trees with his back because Gaara attacked him and I appeared at the way he's headed at, preventing him from hitting another tree and damaging his back further more. He's like a freaking pig. No. It's because of the impact. I bit my lower lip when my poor back kissed another tree.

"S-Sa.... *coughs up blood* Sas-Sasuke..... I-I'm trying my best to help you at the very least. I d-don't want you to get hurt even more, but.... But please, don't h-hurt Gaara as well. I also want h-him to be f-fine."

Let the old one out, Kou.

Let your killer mode out and fight Gaara. Forget the happy moments and remember that day. Destroy the soft side that formed because of the others, because of your so-called friends. Revive the Kou who loves to kill and loves the sight of blood and the deaths of people once more. That's the only way to be able to go full-out and fight him. Ignore the pain in your physical body for the meantime. Remember the emotional pain you've been through. Remember the hell you've been through. Remember the past. Remember it all.

"It's my turn, Sasuke."