24 | i know you want me

Start from the beginning

"Don't know, don't care," she mumbles into the glass before emptying it and placing it inside the dishwasher.

"Iv," he reaches out to grab her wrist and she stops walking, facing the wall. "What's going on?"

Ivy then glances to the floor and I can't take my eyes off her. "Nothing."

"Nothing. It's not nothing, what happened with Daisy?"

She raises her eyes to meet her brothers. "We fell out. It's not a big deal."

My eyes widen a little. They fell out? Shit. I wonder if it has anything to do with her drunken confessions of mine the other night. She was wasted and I could see the hurt and betrayal in her eyes, from the both of us.

FInn tugs her back gently and twists in the stool. "Come out with us tonight, I don't want you being alone if you're all sad. I'm sure Isaac will be there."

I resist the urge to roll my eyes. No doubt Isaac can save the day and whisk Ivy away from me, the ultimate cock-block. But Ivy said we'd talk and I will do everything in my power to get her alone so I can drop all my feelings on the table and not look back once.

"I'm not feeling it," she whispers.

"For a little bit? It might make you feel better. I promise I won't make a fool out of myself."

Ivy's lips curl at his comment. "You always make a fool out of yourself, what are you talking about?"

He gasps loudly and her smile brightens, sending my stomach into a clump of cement. I wish she'd smile at me like that. And yet, I might as well be dead to her right now because she hasn't even glanced my way.

"Well, I'll try extra hard today then," FInn puffs out his chest.

"I'll think about it," she pulls away from his grip. "I wanna go into town and do some things, see how I feel later."

Finn nods. "Alrighty."

Ivy turns back in my direction walking to the fridge, she catches my eyes for the first time and I offer her a smile. "How are you feeling today?" I ask.

I feel Finn's eyes staring into the side of my face but I couldn't care less what he thinks right now. I have to talk to her, even if it's for a second before I drive myself insane–or more like–she drives me insane.

"I'm okay," she nods.

"What was wrong?" Finn frowns in our direction.

Ivy sucks in a breath and grabs a yogurt from the fridge. "I had a headache yesterday, JJ left some painkillers at my bedroom door. Thank you for that."

Her eyes collide with mine when she speaks and I stare back into those light blue eyes. God, that cement is crumbling. "You're welcome," I nod. Her gaze flicks across my face for a second before she drags them away and scolds herself for staring.

I certainly don't mind.

Ivy soon leaves and Finn drags me out for the day, although all I can wish for is the fact she'll come to the party so I can talk to her. Even if I get a minute of her time, I'll be satisfied.

✲ ✲ ✲

I'm pleased when I spot Ivy as she joins the beach party.

I'm not pleased when the first person she goes to is Isaac.

Daisy is nowhere to be seen which is convenient, I certainly don't want to be in the position I was in last time. Now I'm curious about what happened between the pair of them.