Chapter 5- Scene of the Crime

A pretty awkward interview had finally confirmed what we both already knew from the beginning, Our brother couldn't have been at the scene of the crime and was undoubtedly innocent. This however left us with the elephant in the room-

An elephant woman with her child in a pushchair who had walked up beside them stopped and turned, looking at them insulted. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean!?"

Anais snapped out of her monologue and began to chuckle nervously, blushing lightly. "Oh, uh, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you! I-I-It's just a saying!"

"Yeah? Well, maybe you should be saying something else!" She stormed off annoyed.

Anais turned and looked at Darwin, a cheeky grin breaking out on their faces as the two broke into a snicker, shortly followed by them bursting out in a fit of laughter. After regaining her composure and clearing her throat she continued.

Where was I? Ah yes, the elephant in the room. If Gumball didn't commit the crime, then who did? and how did they make it appear as if Gumball was the perpetrator? and last but not least, why? We had many questions running through our minds. And now, it was finally time to get some answers and for that, It was time we finally headed to the scene of the crime...

The two of them walked up to the entrance of the store. As they were about to enter Darwin began to smile. "Hey, is it weird that I'm actually enjoying this a little? I mean, I know I shouldn't as this is serious, and my brother's reputation is at stake, but I just can't help it."

She stopped and thought for a moment. "Yeah, we probably shouldn't be enjoying this so much..." She hesitated before a grin slowly crept onto her face. "But I can't help it! It's so fun, and exciting! I mean, unlike you guys It's not every day I get to do something as crazy as this!"

Darwin smiled. "Hey, you know you're always more than welcome to hang out with us more often, and come and join us on our adventures whenever you want, right?"

"and get Gumball constantly mocking and ignoring my advice?" She rolled her eyes.

Darwin's expression softened. "Awww, you know he's only teasing you, right? He knows that you only nag some much because you care about him and because you're just trying to look out for him. He knows you always have his back, and that's why he loves you so much. He's just...a little too stubborn and excitable for his own good, that's all."

She let out a sigh. "I know, I know, and I love him too, but...I don't think it'd be a good idea. I already deal with the outcomes of most of your adventures on a daily basis, I'd rather not help cause them too..."

"Well with you there we probably wouldn't get into those kinds of situations anywhere near as much anyway. I'm sure you'd be able to think of smart, much less risky ways of solving whatever shenanigans we'd get up to anyway. Plus, it'd be really fun and you'd get to spend way more time with your brothers and develop a much closer bond with us..." He replied, saying the last part with a tempting tone to his voice as he leaned forward slightly.

She bit her lip and looked down. "Oh, I dunno..."

"Aww come on, please! We really want you to!"

"You do?" She asked, sounding a little surprised.

"Of course! I mean, why wouldn't we want to spend more time with our little sis? And don't act like you don't wanna spend more time with us too, we both know you do!"

She tried to hide the delighted grin that had formed on her face, to no avail.

"Is that a smile I see...?" Darwin asked, beginning to smile himself.