Chapter 8- The Final Showdown

Larry was still at the store cleaning the counter when Anais and Darwin suddenly barged back in.

"Larry Needlemyer, consider yourself busted!" Anais exclaimed.

He turned and look at them, sighing. "Huh? Oh, it's you two again. What do you want now?"

"We want you to confess to what you did, you jerk!" Darwin exclaimed.

"What? I didn't do anything!"

Darwin lifted Anais onto the counter and she turned to Larry, arms crossed. "Hey, I just cleaned that!"

She ignored him and continued her accusation.  "Admit it, Larry! It was you who paid Clayton $5000 to shoplift as Gumball! You tried to frame him!"

"What!? That's ludicrous! I would never do something like that!"

"Wouldn't you? Even if it gave you an excuse to ban him from your store? As you said yourself earlier. 'That kid finally showed his true colors, and gave me a damn good reason to ban him from my store! Been wanting to that for years I tell you...'"

"Yes it gave me a reason to ban him, but that doesn't mean I paid someone to frame him! That's insane!"

"Oh? Then why did you also try to distract us and stop us from watching the CCTV and investigating the red substance that was left behind? Perhaps, because you were scared we would get too close to solving the case?"

"What, n-no! I just didn't want kids messing with things that they don't have any business in!"

"Likely story...how do you explain the fact then that your description matches the one Clayton gave of the person who paid him. Tall, weird head, hates Gumball..."

"My head is not weird! Besides, there are tons of other people who also match that description!"

"Well yeah, but only you could comfortably afford to pay Clayton $5000 so easily."

"Are you kidding? I could never afford $5000!"

"Are you serious!? Of course, you can! You have literally every job in Elmore, you must be rich!"

"Well sure, b-but, well...I...err..." He struggled to come up with an excuse.

Anais smiled smugly and crossed her arms. "Has the cat stolen your tongue too?"

He looked at her frustrated and snapped. "Okay, fine, I did it okay! Please, just don't call the police!"

"No need!" Donut Cop suddenly spoke up, much to Larry's horror. "I came in to buy a sandwich and heard everything." He took out his handcuffs. "You're coming with me, pal!"

Larry panicked and before they could stop him he suddenly bolted passed Donut Cop and out of the store.

"No, stop him! Don't let him get away!" Anais called out, immediately running after him.

(If you can play Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler, please do so now.)

As the three ran outside they saw Larry get into his car, and start the engine.

"No, get back here!" She ran toward him but he began to drive away. "No!"

"Quickly you two, to my car! We'll give chase!" Donut Cop informed them. They nodded and followed Donut Cop to his car.

The three strapped on their seatbelts, Anais in the front with Donut Cop whilst Darwin sat in the back.

"Hold on, this is gonna get pretty bumpy!" Donut Cop smirked, before driving after Larry, turning his sirens on.