4 - Angel & Luigi

"A queen is perfectly fine without a fucking king."

///

I've been adjusting my wings that were snapped on my back for what seems like forever. I was acting cautious around everything since I refused to get my white dress dirty which was going to be impossible, I was going to a party with drunk irresponsible young adults in costumes.

Today was Halloween. The last day of October and it was very unfortunate that it was Saturday. The peak of any infant's week meaning that they would be trick or treating throughout the whole day. We've already had a couple of children come where Iva has thrown so much profanity I think she broke the world record for swearing at such a mass.

*ding dong*

"I swear if it's another fucking child, they are going back home without a fucking head." Iva mumbled while still applying her blood red lipstick.

I puckered my pink lips and shuffled my white dress down so it now reaches just above my knees as it was just below my pantie line before. It was one of those tight annoying dresses that rises up at the slightest movement.

"I'll get it before you get arrested for murder." I ensured before doing an awkward jog to the door as my dress was restricting my legs from stretching to a certain point and my white heels were also slowing me down.

I swung the door to reveal two little kids. One cowboy and one ballerina. As they said trick or treat in unison their tone straight up reminded me of Cleo. She was probably gallivanting around our homely neighbourhood with her companions, just like I did when I was little.

"You see we don't really have candy but we can give you money, cookies or Arizona." I offered, gesturing my arm to inside our apartment.

"If you're British how come you're dressed up as an angel for Halloween and not the queen? You have the perfect voice for it. But then again every queen needs a king, she's nothing without a king." The cowboy inquired making the ballerina chuckle both with thick American accents whereas I was used to British voices.

The question made me chuckle too. It was amusing how such youthful children could create such questions in a short amount time. The type of questions the average grown adult won't ask.

"Excuse me? A queen is perfectly fine without a fucking king. As long as she has a crown, she's still a queen." I argued.

"I'm telling mommy that you swore." The ballerina yelled nearly traumatised by my speech.

I snorted loudly, beginning to understand Iva's hate for children. They were pissing me off.

The cowboy and ballerina ran off without any goodies.

"I was lying about having no candy. We do have candy so suck on that you fat shitty asses." I lied but they were getting to me.

I slammed the door shut with rage. How could two little children make me so mad? Don't try that bullshit with me about 'A queen is nothing without a king.' Iva grabbed both our bags from the floor and ushered me out the door. As we got into my car the cowboy and ballerina were now with their parents and they were now staring at me, reporting what I had said back. I directed my middle finger to the huddled group mixed of children and adults.

"Why did you make me wear this dress again? It's the worse." I complained, putting the key into the ignition and backing up from the parking space that would probably occupied by the time we got back.

"Well I'm a devil, you're an angel we're those annoying matching friends. I wear a tight dress, you wear a tight dress. And two, have you seen your ass in that dress? Rosa you are going to get attention." Iva said, inspecting her red acrylic nails.