3 - Time Zones & Bitches

Her heart is probably uglier than socks paired with sandals.

///

//Back To Present Time//

I relaxed on the sofa, watching 3rd Rock from the sun re runs. I has just woken up from a usual good sleep so I was wide awake sipping on my coffee and munching on my toast that had a layer of butter on top of it. My chuckles must've woken up Iva as she stumbled out of her room throwing profanities at my ears for waking her from her slumber. It's clear to say that she wasn't a morning person whereas I didn't mind them.

She picked up my feet and seated herself where my legs previously were. My legs settled on her thighs. Iva soon joined in with my laughter as the show kept throwing humorous jokes at us.

"How's you and Jai?" Iva questioned, her raspy morning voice still in full swing.

"I don't know. We've had like one conversation. Why are you so persistent on me being in a relationship?" I shrugged slightly annoyed, downing the last of my caffeine filled beverage and slamming the empty mug on the coffee table. I talk to one guy for five minutes and Iva's all over me trying to arrange some sort of date.

"You've been all single and shit for a long a time. You barely talk to any boys plus Jai sounded like he actually liked you Rosa. You need to get over that Ashton dude. From what I heard about him, he doesn't sound like someone you have to be heartbroken over for a year." Iva stated, not breaking her gaze off the TV screen.

As the name flew out her mouth, I felt my chest begin to already tighten.

Ashton.

You can never ever forget your first love. You can try, but it's impossible. The way they made you feel when they did the most simplest of things like touch you or hug you. When they made you laugh when all they did was practically breathe. What type of saddo am I? Last year September I was breaking into a waterfall of tears every time I heard anything about Australia which was hard since Cleo's in love with The Janoskians. And still to this day I feel to do the exact same thing.

I snapped out of my thoughts that desired to overtake my brain. I stood up and shuffled to the kitchen before putting the dirty dishes into the sink. I walked back to my bedroom so I could grab my towel and hop into the shower. I had work today which I dreaded but I need money so I suck it up.

I'm not exactly living the American dream. I don't know why I thought my life will be like Miley Cyrus' Party In The USA music video but it wasn't. I lived in a two bedroom apartment working at Urban Outfitters. It's the worse during summer. The store is crammed full of female teenagers clutching onto their iced Starbuck's beverage in one hand and their phone in the other, documenting their every move for Snapchat. The indie music that's blaring in the background now become muted and the store is suffocated with teenager's laughter and bitching sessions. It's October now so there are less teens but more young adults with a pumpkin spice latte complaining about college or university coming inside to buy short black skirts or cat ears to complete their slutty black cat attire for Halloween.

Once I had completed my shower I slipped into some ripped black jeans and a khaki green crop top. I shoved my feet into my years old black chuck taylors then did my daily light make up routine. Since I've moved to LA I have perfected the wing eyeliner look which I am very proud about.

"Don't forget to do the laundry." I demanded while putting on my leather jacket that was hanging by the front door. I grabbed my bag that was lying on the floor and stocked it up with keys and essentials that will help me survive the day.

Iva turned to her head to face me now with a bowl of cereal in her hands. She must've done something productive while I was gone. "Actually I was just going to let us be a tramps and not do it. I've always wanted to have the homeless look." She joked sarcastically.