2 - Byes & Tears

"Don't go."

///

//About One Year Prior//

The rays from the mid-day sun was penetrating through my bedroom window, making it harder for me to see what I was doing. I still managed to heap my essentials into my luggage. As I was packing the last of my things in my hand luggage like books and chargers, I heard a knocking on the door. I had strictly announced no visitors this morning so I don't get any more distracted than I already was but yet I let them in. Cleo shuffled into my room then closed the door behind her. She had this aura like she was scared or something.

"Are you actually leaving?" She asked, biting on her nails. It was one of her many annoying habits that I hated but then again her existance was an annoying habit that I hated.

"Nah shit Cleo. I'm just packing all this stuff for fun." I said with sarcasm laced around my voice, I zipped the bag and dropped it onto the floor beside to my fuchsia suitcase that was waiting for me to wheel away by the door.

Finally the day had come. This day that I was wishing for since Cleo was born. I'm moving away from this shithole. Since I was ten, I've always wanted to live in a city and now I was fulfilling my wish well it's not exactly the city it's more an apartment near the beach but doesn't every street in LA have a beach next to it?

Of course my mum said no at first. She didn't want her daughter travelling all across the world. As usual my dad didn't give a shit. It took my three months for my mum to barely say yes. With the help of my best friends, Calia and Rachel and my grandma. For someone that's about seventy she puts up a good fight.

I realised that London doesn't provide me with anything except for heartbreak and pain. My boyfriend had just left me, my family couldn't care less about me. The hardest thing about moving was leaving my friends. Calia and Rachel had been the closest things I had to family and I was letting them go after more than a decade of bitchy fights, tears and lots and lots of laughter. Los Angeles was a refreshing start from what I was trapped in for eighteen years. A refreshing start, that's what my body was drastically begging me for.

"I'm so sick of waiting 'till I'm eighteen. When I'm eighteen I'm moving to Australia so I can marry Jai Brooks." Cleo huffed, fantasising about her future with the famous Janoskian member.

I rolled my eyes straight at her. "I may hate your guts but let me give you one piece of advice. Don't ever trust your heart with Australians. They're fuckboys."

Cleo raised her blonde eyebrow at me probably not knowing what the term 'fuckboy' even means and stomped out the room.

It was amusing how my sister and I looked nothing alike. I looked like my dad with brown hair and brown eyes while Cleo had blonde hair and grey eyes, like my mum. My older brother, Greg was a mix with blonde hair and brown eyes. No one that saw me and sister together will think that we're siblings.

My older brother was no better. He lives in Germany with his new wife, Freida. I couldn't possibly tell you how they communicate since she only speaks German. Actually he can probably speak German, I think he's fluent by now. He thinks he's best at literally anything and everything.

I stepped back and over viewed my room. The cream walls that were full of band posters and dream catchers were now bare. The closest that stocked my clothes was now empty. The bed that I slept for many years only had a mattress laying on top of it. I still couldn't believe that I was moving. I thought I was going to be trapped within gloomy summers and a mass of wildlife. I was actually moving to a complete different continent.

I heard mum scream something downstairs that made me snap out of my thoughts. I rushed downstairs to land in the living room where mum was finishing up a conversation on the phone. When the phone call had ended she painted on one of her fake smiles and sat down on one end of the dining table.