03|High-budget K-drama?

Am I in a university or have I accidentally stumbled onto the set of a high-budget K-drama? I am feeling like the star of my very own Korean drama, waiting for someone to deliver a dramatic slap to jolt me back to reality. Because seriously, I can't wrap my head around the fact that this extravagant, cathedral-like university is where I'll be spending the next two years of my life.

My jaw practically scraping against the opulent marble floor,

I mean, come on! This place isn't a university; it's a fashion show runway, a royal gala, a palace fit for a king, a cathedral of higher learning, and a one-way ticket to the fiery pits of academic torment all rolled into one. And those naked statues lining the hallway? They're like the punchline to a joke nobody dared to tell.

They're the university's attempt at modern art, but honestly, they just look like they're trying to cover their shame with fig leaves that wouldn't even impress Adam and Eve. I half-expect them to start tap-dancing and singing show tunes any minute now, like some bizarre Broadway performance gone wrong

Where the hell did Dad even dig up all this cash from? Did he find a secret treasure map buried in the backyard, or did he accidentally stumble into a gold mine while taking out the trash? I swear, next thing you know, he'll be riding in on a golden unicorn, tossing out platinum credit cards like confetti at a party. Last I checked, we were living off instant ramen and second-hand furniture. Now, we're apparently funding the next Great Wall of China. Talk about a plot twist worthy of a daytime soap opera!

Did my dad sacrifice me to the finance gods or something?

Is there some ancient ritual involving sacrificing your firstborn to attain untold riches that I missed in the fine print of my birth certificate?

Because if so, I definitely want a refund!

Ms. Park's voice struggled to pierce through the chaos in my head, like a tiny umbrella in a hurricane. One moment she was calling my name, the next she was lost in the whirlwind of my own mental circus. I mean, who needs to listen to reality when you've got your own personal rollercoaster of "oh-my-god-I'm-in-over-my-head" blasting on full volume inside your brain? It's like trying to hear a whisper in a thunderstorm!

I need to flee this scene, like right now. I need to come up with an escape plan like a spy in a bad action movie.

But I also gotta survive because Dad didn't raise a quitter. Nope, he raised a fighter!

Well, more like a fighter who's really good at running away from fights, but still!

took a deep breath, mustered all my courage, and finally looked up to survey my new lovely classmates. Worst decision ever. I was hit with a wave of disbelief that could rival a plot twist in a soap opera. Seriously, it felt like my life had been scripted by a team of caffeinated monkeys on a deadline, and this moment was their masterpiece: the climax of absurdity, complete with over-the-top drama and questionable plot twists.

It was like crashing a Hollywood red carpet event, except instead of rubbing elbows with celebrities, I found myself surrounded by students who looked like they were competing for a spot in Vogue's "Most Extravagantly Dressed Freshman" edition. Seriously, it was as if the campus had its own fashion police, and I was about to get ticketed for a major violation of the "Thou Shalt Not Wear Pajamas to Class" rule.

I glanced down at my outfit, a mismatched ensemble that screamed "I'm not here to impress, I'm here to survive." My Jordans, usually my trusty companions in the battle against bland footwear, looked at me with disappointment, as if to say, "We signed up for adventures, not embarrassment."