6. Ridiculous Solo Performance

"So, is it next week? The admission ceremony?"
Jenny started a chit-chat while she was scanning through each piece of clothing on the rag in an extremely expensive boutique.

Eunbyeol instantly glanced at her with her side eyes in silence and kept looking at the clothings, while Seok-kyung just hummed in response. She walked slowly on the side of the shelves as her delicate fingers touched the texture of the coats on the rags. She did not bother to check each of them out like what Jenny did.

"I freaking envy you Seok-kyung. You'll wear beautiful dress and perform in front of the best people."
Jenny made a gesture as if she was imagining the picture of Seok-kyung performing like what she said.

"Well, it's not that great. I wonder why people are so obsessed with it. Ridiculous even the parents and grandparents are obsessed."
Seok-kyung glancedto Eunbyeol when she pronounced the particular word that she emphasized. Yeah, especially Eunbyeol's mom and her grandpa. They even play dirty to get rid of Seok-kyung and Rona from that position.

Seok-kyung tightened her jaw unconsciously. A flash of memory of she and Seokhoon being bitten up and threatened to be separated because of that incident was filling up her head.

Joo Seokhoon. You are not Joo Seokkyung's brother.

You are Joo Dante's son

Seok-kyung stopped her activity when that line of her fake father came back to her mind. After seconds, a bitter smile appeared in her lips. That's it. Joo Dante had given them a clear statement that they are not siblings from the start. How dumb every of them were for not taking it seriously.

"Wh-why i-it's not great? It is awesome Seok Kyung-ah."
This time, Eunbyeon chimed in with her obvious nervous voice.

Seok-kyung scoffed  and turned slightly to see Eunbyeol. As soon as she turned, her gaze turned sharp and dark.
"Right. That's why you worked shamelessly to steal it."
A faint smirk painted on her face.

"Wh-what- do y..ou mean?"

Jenny, who had not really paid attention as she was too occupied with the designer's pieces in front of her, looked at the two of them with a curious expression.

Just then, the scary gaze and smirk of Seok-kyung evaporated like a gas, like it was just Eunbyeol's imagination. She smiled widely.
"Aniya, I'm just saying that even you worked hard to get that position. Right Ha Eunbyeol?"

"Oppa! This will suit you well."
Seok-kyung ended the interaction, leaving Eunbyeol feeling anxious, with turning to Seokhoon who was sitting on the sofa, like a perfect boyfriend in novels who waited patiently while his partner was on shopping.

He put down his phone as soon as he heard Seok-kyung sweet voice calling him. He smiled at her quickly as he stepped toward her, stealing a glance at Eunbyeol as he walked. He had listened to their conversation all along and wondered why Seok-kyung seemed to hold negative feelings toward her.

"Is that so?"
He said simply when Seok-kyung held a brown coat in front of his body as she made a judgment if the piece was good enough in her eyes.

"Eo, it suit you."
She smiled.

"I'll take this."
She turned to a boutique's waiting staff who stood near them.