1. 우리는 진형제 아니었지만

우리는 진형제 아니었지만

Even Though We Were Not Real Sibling

Eyes wide open in an instant when a boyish voice ringing in her hearing. Seok-kyung automatically shielded her eyes with the back of her hand. She was blinded by the bright light as what she could saw was a silhouette of a boy she thought she knew.

Seokhoon?

How could he be here.
It was the first quetion popped out in her hear.

Was not she dead?
Seok-kyung remember vividly the flashing car light, the loud honking horn, and the pain all in every inch of her body that came with the hard crash.

"Wake up sis, you're not a sleeping beauty."

Blinking her feline-like eyes repeatedly in confussion, she was staring openly at him. Seokhoon smiled at his sister and gave a pat on the top of her silky hair.

Seok-kyung couldn't believe her sight. Standing in front of her was her Seokhoon, wearing plain navy pajamas. The face she was looking was younger than the last time she pictured how it was in her memory. The eyebags weren't as dark as how she remembered them to be, and most of all his eyes were not as lifeless as she saved them in her memory. Was this all her dreaming or was this her coming back to the past when everything was better?

Seok-kyung warded his hand.
"Why are you here?"
Her voice came out harsh. It confused Seokhoon that his smile vanished in instant.

He frowned.
"Is that supposed to be a question? Why am I here in my owm room?"

"Your own room? What do you mean? This is ,my...
Seok-kyung stopped blubbering when she turned her head around just to find the view of their old room. The sharing bedroom they had just untill a few month after they entered highschool.

He put his hand crossed in front of his chest.
"Our room."
Seokhoon corrected her statement.

"Now get yourself together and stop talking nonsense because we have school orientation."
Seokhoon said before leaving to the bathroom.

***
All of this was real, not a dream.
She must really going back to the past.

The picture of Chungah Art Highschool before her eyes told her so. The grey stone wall that was standing tall with some arch rooves which made the building looked glorious brought her back through the old memories. The series of memory that took her breath away in an instant.

This was the place that put her real twin into hell before her death. The people of this school murder Seol-ah.

Seok-kyung didn't even realise she stopped breathing as a cold wave crept along her backbone before spreding on her body. Just the view of this hellish competitive and corrupt highchool scared the hell out of her.

The luxurious black car that brought both Seokhoon and her to their school stopped as it reached the front lobby.
"You look pale. Are you alright?"

Seokhoon put his hand on the top of her. Brows slightly furrowed and concern inside his sharp eyes.
"You've been weird since this morning."
He continued. He could feel her hand was cold that it added up his worries about her.

Seok-kyung turned to face him. She stared, again, for a while. Her action was so unusual for Seokhoon for all he knew she was tempramental and not the calmest girl he ever knew. Nevertheless, he didn't say anything before she answered.

Seok-kyung bit her thin lip before finally answering
"I'm just tired. It's alright," she sighed and turned to look at the studets wearing dark navy blazer combined with red plaided skirt or cream trousers, "And you know how much I actually hate getting into this major."
She said quietly.

Seokhoon squeezed her hand gently.
"Sorry, I can do nothing for you."
Without her looking, he downcasted his eyes, regretfully.

"Gwenjanha, as long as you are by my side I'll be just fine."
Seok-kyung turned just to gave him a ghostly smile. It was not just a word. Having Seokhoon just for her was enough. From her past experience, she learned how it was a torture when Seokhoon abandoned her for Rona.

Again Seokhoon's gaze lingering on her for a while before he finally nodded.
"Let's go."

***

Seok-kyung walked side by side with Seokhoon through the corridor filled with yellow lockers on the side. A few pairs of eyes darted on them when the strolled along toward their class. Seok-kyung felt an uneasiness penetrated inside her chest because of the attention gathered on her and Seokhoon. It was such an irony, in the past she was so confident and proud for the attention given to them for she knew it was because she was Joo Dante's daughter, one of the richest real-estate tycoon in the country. People were interested to see the tycoon's famous talented twins with their own eyes.

Seok-kyung stepped closer to Seokhoon's side as if to hide her presence. Seokhoon seemed to realise his twin weird gesture. He frowned, but didn't ask. Instead, he grabbed her hand to held it, pulled her to walk by his side and not hiding behind his figure.

"Ah Seokhoon-ah.."
She gasped by his action. Mouth slightly opened as if she was ready to complained or say something.

"Don't hide. You did nothing wrong. You are my sister Joo Seok-kyung, remember?"

Her gaze was motionless, stuck on his face, his sincere smile when he said she was his sister, Joo Seok-kyung. Somehow, her eyes felt suddenly full, filled by a clear liquid.

Seokhoon kept his smile and patted her head softly.
"Don't be afraid of anything. You are Joo Seok-kyung, the sister of the future Jking holdings owner."

She nodded and hummed as a response.
This Seokhoon felt more gentle to her than she ever knew all her life. It made her didn't want to lose him even more this time. She did't want to lose him to other people at all, espeacially to that spesific girl whom they would meet for the first time in this new life of her.

This was the first day of school, meant Bae Rona would appear for the first time in class today.

For the perfect timing that god gave her, she would like to believe that she was trully given another chance to secure Seokhoon for herself this time. God must have read her mind before she died. The only regret and person that really occupied her head was Seokhoon at her last time. Of course she was devastated for her mom and real twin, but Seokhoon had always be beside her and supported her when growing up. It made her felt more sorry and longing for that man.

"Thank you, Hoon-ah."
She mumbled gratefully.

"Let's get going."
Seok-kyung smiled and pulled him to move forward. She did not pay much attention anymore to the other students who were openly staring, well she tried.

Eyes focuses straight on the way, she walked right into the classroom which she know exactly where it was. Seok-kyung had found her objective in her new chance of life. It was to life peacefully with Seokhoon by her side. With him, everthing would be just fine.

***