2. 석훈이의 좋아하는 여자

The Girl He Liked

Seok-kyung chose to sit on different spot from the last time she and Seokhoon sat. She decided to take the further seat from the entrance door as she did not want to be involved with Rona at all. That girl would walk in and be bullied by Jenni and the others. Seokhoon chimed in and started to develop interest from there. It was what supposed to happen according to the past.

Time passed and finally the main character of this moment appeared from behind the door. Wearing a plain pink coat which looked flagrantly different from the rest of expensive outfit the other rich student were wearing, Bae Rona, honestly, looked just fine. She looked like an innocent goose that was trapped inside tiger dent. Hatred started to spread in Seok-kyung's chest as her head wondered if this was what Seokhoon found beautiful about Bae Rona.

But doesn't she, at least, have a beautiful face?
That compliment from him that she complained was so lucid in her memory now. Was Seokhoon interested in Rona, romantically, since day one?

Seok-kyung stared from the corner of the room when the other started to be harsh and bullied her. She then turned to Seokhoon, touched his wrist to gain attention or to be exact, to distract him from Bae Rona.

"Oppa, let's not get involved in bullying her."
She said.

"Why?"
Seokhoon simply asked.

Seok-kyung fidgeted her fingers while searching for the words to answer.
"I just don't like her."

Seokhoon raised his brow. She seemed restless and Seokhoon had no idea why. Then, he just nodded.
"Okay, if that is what you want."

Seok-kyung suddenly froze when her eyes caught the person she had been so wary about strolled toward their seat.

"Hi, is this seat empty?"

What the hell she was doing

A clear voice rang from behind Seokhoon who was facing Seok-kyung. He looked at the person who asked the question.

"Can't you see with your eyes?"
Seokhoon replied harshly. He only stared from the corner of his eyes.

Rona pursed her lips and turned to the seat awkwardly at the unfriendly response from him. Watching it from her place, Seok-kyung frowned slightly. There was no engrossed gaze from Seokhoon to Rona like what she remembered. It was probably because of what she said before, she guessed. They wouldn't be involved at all with that girl. However, she was still anxious about his interest in Rona. It still could grow, and it was the last thing she wanted to witness all over again.

***

"Because this year we don't have the first rank, the solo performance will be done by the second position, Joo Seok-kyung."

Here it goes again, Seok-kyung thought. She stood up hesitantly.

"Give an applause."
She can't even pull her lips into a smile.

"It's good, you get the solo."
Seokhoon said after she sat down. He seemed proud of her. Seok-kyung smiled half-heartedly as a response.

"You should keep your health until the concert ceremony."
He added.

"Gidaehajima Oppa. I might get a flu later on seeing the weather these days. You know my health isn't really good."
She said nonchalantly. To be honest, she didn't really care about this performance as she used to. However, if she lost the solo performance to Ha Eunbyeol because of the same reason as before Joo Dante would try to send her away and finish her. Thus, even though she would lose the position, she won't let Cheon Seojin threaten Joo Dante.

"But, if I can't sing on that ceremony, then Cheon Seojin's daughter cannot too."
Fire lit up inside her eyes for the first time since she woke up this morning. Seok-kyung held grudges to Eunbyeol and Seojin so much. If it was not because of Cheon Seojin's ambition, she wouldn't be pressured to win the stupid festival, she wouldn't be threatened to be separated from Seokhoon, and most of all she wouldn't try to provoke Eunbyeol using Seokhoon and ended up giving Seokhoon to Bae Rona with her own hands.

Seokhoon looked at her, interested at the sudden change of attitude.
"Definitely."
He showed his typical smirk. He was glad that Seok-kyung had come to her normal self again.

***

The school hour was over as the bell rang loudly through the school's speakers. The other kids started to leave the class happily. However, the Hera Palace kids gathered around Bae Rona instead of going home.

"YA waiting list. The rumour said your mother threatened Min Seol-a to give her seat to you."
It was Minhyuk who shouted as he banged the table with his hands.

Bae Rona seemed to be annoyed and angry at his action that she quickly stood up and pushed him away.
"My mom didn't do anything to her. Stop speaking ill like this."
She intended on walking away but was blocked by Yoo Jeni.

"Oho, not so fast bitch."

Seok-kyung watched from behind the girl without interest in meddling or getting involved.

Rona stared at Jenni with a dangerous gaze. If this was an animated cartoon, there would be a smoke on the top of her head, ready to explode, right now.

Seok-kyung turned to Seokhoon.
"Let's go Oppa."
She pulled Seokhoon to escape from that place.

"Get off of the way."
Seok-kyung told Jenni, uninterested in her bullying activity. For god sake, they have been given punishment to do community service after bullying Seol-a. Why would they added up their mistakes?

"Seok-kyung ah, you'll go home already?"
Jenni asked. She seemed disappointed that Seok-kyung didn't join in mocking Rona.

"Hmm, I'm going on a date with my brother."
She said randomly just to get out of the place quickly. She pulled her lips into a straight-line smile.

"Wooo, I envy you for having such a fine twin."
Jenni said smugly, teasing Seok-kyung before letting them go.

Seok-kyung ignored the fighting between Rona and other kids behind her as she walked out the class with Seokhoon beside her.

"So we're going on a date after decades?"
Seokhoon said jokingly as they strolled through the corridor. She turned and glanced at him quickly.

"I was just making an excuse," she said slowly, "but it's not a bad idea." She said with a curving smile on her face.

"Let's go then. We don't have any extra lessons yet."
Seokhoon reached her hand and held it. Seok-kyung agreed and nodded. They would be busy starting tomorrow, so why don't she enjoy the rest of the day hanging out with Seokhoon. Seok-kyung promises herself that she would enjoy her life with him this time for she knew nothing matters more than that.

***

Gidae: (기대) : wait/expect
hajima : (하지마): don't do