3. 우리 추억

우리 추억
Our Memories

***

Seokhoon brought her to the ice cream shop as their first destination. He was ordering at the counter while Seok-kyung chose the seat. She chose the seat near the glass partition that provided a view to the street and the people passing by.

Not too long, Seokhoon came back with two-scooped cones of ice creams in his hands.
"Here's your vanilla-matcha ice cream."
He handed her one cone.

"Thank you Oppa."
She received it with a smile.

"You choose the exact same seat as 10 years ago."
Seokhoon commented as he licked his chocolate ice cream.

"You remember?"
She asked in a slight disbelief.

"Of course, you were so happy when I brought you here."
He said, lips curved into a smile which somehow looked sad, such typical of Seokhoon's thing.

Seok-kyung chuckled, she remembered how her mood changed drastically that time after the 9 years old Seokhoon dragged her out of their room because she kept being upset all day.
"Yes, I was so upset that mom left on my birthday the night before. Thanks to you I was happier the next day. You are truly my only ally."
She reminiscenced their bad memories when they were only 9. Joo Dante had successfully make her mom away in every key moment in her life.

"Kyung-ah, I hope you don't hate mom too much."
Seokhoon said slowly as if he was afraid his words would provoke the hot-tempered Seok-kyung.

Seok-kyung sighed and let a sad smile crept out on her face. She didn't hate her, never was she really hated her mom. She was just hurt by the situation.
"I don't hate her."
She mumbled. Looking down at the ice cream in her hand.

"It's just too bad...the situation and circumstances."
She said slowly before looking up to his face. He was staring with concern, much concern in his eyes.

"Don't be too worried, you'll grow old faster if you worry too much."
She said jokingly and casted him a smile before focusing on her ice cream again.

Seokhoon's gaze stayed on her for a while as he found that Seok-kyung was somehow giving off a different vibe than her usual self.

***

When they got home, silence greeted them like most days. Seokkyung strode to her room first. She threw herself to the soft bed as soon as she was near enough to that object. She was so tired after Seokhoon made her take a walk along the Han River after they finished eating ice cream.

Seokhoon followed her to the room. He put down his and her bag which she threw to him to carry since she started to whine of getting extremely tired when they were walking. He, then, crossed the room, to her side of the room where she was lying.

"Wash up first Seok-kyung-ah. You'll dirt your bedsheet."

Seok-kyung looked up at him while lying, without any intention to do what he told her.
"Let me lie down. I'm so so sooo tired."
She said exaggeratedly.

He clicked his tongue at her exaggeration.
"We didn't do anything heavy, don't be so dramatic. Now let's move."
Seokhoon grabbed her hands and tried to pull her from the bed.

Seok-kyung whined hopelessly, begging him to let her go, which seemed to be useless.
"Aakh let me goo! Have you no conscience?! You made me walk from the ice cream shop to the Han River! It's nothing near at all!"

"Walking is good for your health. You should move your body more to live a long life."
He told her, ignoring her complaints.

"Akhh shilroo," Seok-kyung cried with high pitch and fight his force back, pulling back her hands which he was grabbing.

Seokhoon was not expecting her force at that moment, thus in reverse he was pulled down by her. He landed right on her because he didn't anticipate. He propped his weight using arms and his knee fortunately, so he didn't fully crash into her tiny body.

Seok-kyung was shocked, and so was Seokhoon. Seok-kyung's feline-like eyes got wide open seeing how close his face was to her. Her eyes scanned the features on his face slowly. From his sharp-looking eyes to his thin lips that were slightly opened. He was pretty, was the sentence that popped in her head right in that short moment.

Seokhoon moved away quickly after coming to his right mind. He stood up and seemed hesitant in whatever he was going to say or do.

Seok-kyung moved in the end. She sat up quickly. Her hands move, tidying up her hair strands.

Seokhoon glanced shortly before he looked at any object in the room. He, then, licked his lips that he felt so dry suddenly and cleared his throat.
"I..I'm gonna wash up first. I think you should indeed rest a bit."

He said briskly and speed away from where he was standing, leaving Seok-kyung no chance to say anything back.

Seok-kyung was dumbfounded at what just happened. She put her hand on her chest where her heart was beating a beat too fast than it should be. She bit her lower lip and frowned. Her heart was doing a weird thing again now, something that it shouldn't be doing. She growled and threw her back to the bed again. Looking at the ceiling, she could only think back and search for when her heart started to react weirdly like this.

***

I'm sorry that this chapter is not much, but
I hope you enjoy this 🤍

실어: (sil-eo means basically hate/hate to)