Goodbye

*~{Yuni}~*

*~{Yuni}~*

"Woohoo!" A twenty one year old Sweet cheered with her arms in the air as her Keylim ran across the park, pushing her wheelchair with him.

"Hey! Hands on the side!" He said. She chuckled and grasped the handles of her wheelchair again. Suddenly he came to a slow stop when he started coughing.

"You okay?" She asked turning around to face her brother. "Y-Yeah I'm fine, just out of breath." He smiled.

"O-Okay..."

"Uh, h-hey! How bout we go to the library then get some desert from that place you love?" He tried to lighten her spirits.

She gave a small smile and nodded.

[~]

At the library Sweet tried to reach for a book on the top of the shelf but couldn't. "Keylim?" She looked around but couldn't spot him.

He came around the corner a second later, holding his hand over his mouth, indicating he had another coughing fit.

His eyes looked tired and his breathing was slow and ragged. "Sorry, got caught up with another book." He gave smile but Sweet could tell that it was fake.

"Are you okay?" She asked and his eyes snapped open. "What? I'm fine, never better! Can't I spend a day with my sister doing the things she loves?" He conned.

"Keylim, you're scaring me. All these nice things, your recent visits to the hospital? You're starting to worry me." She said tearing up.

Keylim looked to the side before sighing. "You're right, I'm being secretive... the truth is..." he began and looked at his younger sister seeing the worried look in her eyes.

"I've taken up some offers from the hospital to try and find a solution for your problem." He said gesturing to her legs which became limp after she got into a car crash with their Dad.

"Really?" She replied with a look of hope. "Really..." He said crossing his fingers behind his back. He grabbed the book she wanted from the shelf and gave it to her.

"Come on, how bout we go get some desert?" He smiled and she nodded.

[~]

Sweet looked over at her brother and giggled slightly. "What?" He said with a mouthful of key lime pie.

"Would that be cannibalism?" She joked. "Your name is so similar to your pie." He rolled his eyes with a smile. "I don't think that's how that works, and I wouldn't be laughing with your 'sweet' tea over there." He said pointing to her drink with his fork.

They both laughed until Keylim got into another coughing fit, worse than the last time. Sweet began to roll herself over but he raised her hand to stop her.

His hand was shaking a lot. "I'm fine... I-I'm fine." He said. "A-Are you sure?" Sweet questioned. "I just caught some food in my throat, don't worry." He smiled.

"I'm fine."

[~]

Sweet sat outside of a room in the hospital. Her dads talked with a doctor down the hallway, and people passed by her as she stared in at the window where Keylim was currently lying on a hospital bed, almost lifeless.

'He'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine.'

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP