New Friends

*~{Sweet}~*

*~{Sweet}~*

"What?"

I looked down at the robot cat and dog that were looking up at us with bored expressions. "Alright so we'll keep this quick." The cat said as they walked up to us.

"Uhh..."

"Sorry what?"

"We saw you fight back there. I think we might be able to help each other." The dog said. "Security's all over you two, which we could help you with." He added.

"Stop!" Chai interrupted. "OK. Whoa whoa whoa whoa. That was YOU back there? You're a... cat and a dog?" He questioned.

Suddenly they rose up to their feet and pointed at themselves. "No, this is 808 and Nine. They are a cat and a dog but we built them. Look, like we were saying-" 808 spoke.

"You know, I thought my music robot arm power was crazy, but this is... We're... probably better off by ourselves." Chai continued.

"They were trying to help." I mumbled as he pulled me along. 808 pulled back Chai to continue talking. "Dude, listen! Vandelay's up to something and we said we could help-"

"Thanks but we're good." Chai said and put his hand on the cats head to push it away as I went to rub the mechanical dog with my new foot.

I immediately felt a surge in my body before both the cat and dog meowed and barked happily before jumping in the air and turning into small floating spheres.

Hosts Synchronized

"808 and Nine aren't responding. What did you do?!" The girl asked us. "Uh... well." "Hold on. Did you just feel that? That... beat? I think we got something g here!" Chai replied.

He kinda stared off into his own world after that and I rolled my eyes. "Does he do this often?" The guy behind Nine asked me. "No actually... this is kinda new." I said and started wandering around, looking for a way out.

"Sweet?! Hey wait up!" Chai called running up to me. "Hey, don't leave without me!" He whined and I silently laughed. "What? Are you worried I'd leave you behind?" I joked.

"No! It's just... I don't want you to get lost." He said trying to defend himself. "Uh huh. Whatever makes you feel better." I replied.

Passing by Smidge we found a door that needed to be unlocked by a perfect hit, which Chai had covered making me huff to myself. 'I want a cool weapon too.'

Hopping onto the lift it shot us up to the top of the building, blinding me with the light and making me fall onto my face. "Ow." I mumbled.

More robots jumped up from the ground ready to fight so I continuously dodge to the side as they come for me only to be pushed back by Chai.