Chapter Thirty-Four

I managed to find Jameson after school.

Xander had to rush to Rebecca's house, he had to make sure she was okay.

"Hey loser" I smile a soft smile up at Jameson as I quickly make my way over to him.

"Me? A loser? As if" Jameson quickly says, placing his hand on his chest in hurt.

"Considering you lost our race to the kitchen, you're a loser" I smile up at him.

He nudges my side softly before he walks to the door closest to us, throwing it open and revealing a balcony.

The both of us make our way out, the double doors closing behind us.

"I was on here when I first met Avery you know? It wasn't in the Library or in the Great Hall or in any of the hallways, it was here. I was balancing on the edge and I was hammered" He let a small laugh escape his lips.

"I asked her a riddle, if yes is no and once is never, then how many sides does a triangle have? And she answered it correctly after telling me I was drunk and should get off the railing" He smiled to himself for a second.

"I was hammered and from that moment I felt as though I needed to know her. But then, when I met you I was rude, I was mean to you. I didn't even acknowledge you at the reading, or at the library. I didn't know what to do or say when I saw you Ash, I knew something was wrong in the library, and I could tell Grayson cared about you. I didn't know what happened or why you had been hurt but we all noticed and I didn't know what to do. I knew that someone else had caused that and you didn't deserve it. But I also felt envious of you Ash. Grayson cared about you, he loved you instantly and he wanted something to do with you. he helped you with multiple panic attacks and he hasn't helped me with one in years, hell, he and I barely talked in the past year, barely acknowledged each other until you guys arrived." He rambles, I don't think he knows where this is going but I still listen, taking in every single word.

"My grandfather took everything from us while giving us you guys, he knew that that was enough for us, Xander got a best friend, Nash got Libby, Grayson got you, I got both of you in different ways of course, and Gray and I are closer than we've been in years. Yet you guys lost your lives from before, you lost everything to gain, essentially everything, including the four of us, he knew, he would've had to have known at you guys would've been able to handle it, to handle all of this, he would of had to have known because he chose the perfect people for the job" He finishes, sighing slightly.

"In short, thank you for being here Ash, we'll figure all of this out, and I'll be standing here by your side until we do, then for as long as I'm needed afterward." Jameson smiles down at me before looking out at the view.

"Same to you, and I guess you're not that much of a loser" I smile back up at him, nudging his side once more causing a small laugh to leave his lips.

"You'd better hope I'm not a loser, I gave up a trip to Costa Rica for you guys" Jameson laughs a small laugh as he nudges me back.

"Oh whatever, you just want to try get it on with Avery" I scoff.

"You know me so well" He smirks, placing his hand on his heart once more.

"Ew do not go getting it on with my sister or I swear to god Jameson" I quickly point my finger at him, poking him in his chest.

"You're getting it on with my brother so you can't say anything" He pokes me back.

"I was getting it on with your brother before you were getting it on with my sister so it doesn't count. Plus Grayson and I aren't getting it on." I quickly say, trying to hold in a laugh.