Chapter 9: Prem's Calm

Start from the beginning

"He's inside." She answered with a bleak expression. "He has Sect Leader Lakorn."

"Oh no." Gun exhaled deeply, "He is the leader of Mother's Sect."

"This whole catastrophe will surely cause a fallout between our allied sects. What are we going to do?" Off asked with genuine concern in his tone.

"Prem, only you can undo this." Mother Nune spoke fast and in a low voice, her tone urgent and close to pleading. "You must reverse time."

"Me?" I gestured wildly to myself. I looked around at all the mayhem my husband has caused and found it impossible to fix. "Fuck no!" I exclaimed shaking my head. "I can't fix or heal them!"

Mother leaned forward and placed her hands firmly on my shoulders, perhaps in an attempt to get me to calm down. "Stop thinking like a Healer who repairs/destroys, or Glamours who heal/camouflage pain the mortal way. Think as a Traveler who stops and reverses time."

"What is going on?"

"Who are you talking to?"

Off and Prince Gun asked at the same time.

I kept forgetting that only I could see my Spirit Guide.

I took several deep breaths and found myself calming down.

"Mother Nune is here, she said I must reverse everything. This is the only way to truly fix this." I then focused my attention back on her. "What do I need to do?"

Mother Nune frantically looked around.

"First you will need someone to bear witness. Once time is reversed there will be no memory of what took place. We need an unbiased celestial from the Water sect. They will witness everything as time reverses and share it with the entire party."

"How?"

"This is where I come in. A Time Travelers's Spirit Guide will make that selection. We possess the ability to make celestial or human immune to the memory loss. I can access one's memories. Truly see the heart and mind of every single celestial and mankind. Someone who is respected and shown great promise within their sect. Someone who even possesses the ability to be a great sect leader if not already one."

"What about First?" I rushed out, "He's all those things!"

"But he is not unbiased. He is married to Prince Ja." Mother Nune explained as she quickly searched the memories and hearts of members from that sect. "His sect may not believe his testimony. It must be someone who has nothing to gain."

"Don't touch me! I don't need you to heal me!" A voice snarled from a few feet away, they sounded feminine, but I did not miss the authoritative tone it carried. "my sect members are injured more than I am, help them first!" They demanded.

Mother Nune's eyes widened and soon she was practically gliding across the hall. I, Prince Gun, and Off followed quickly behind her.

She made an abrupt stop in front of someone.

This unknown celestial was wincing in pain on the ground, using one hand to grip their side, while wielding their water ability with the other to prevent anyone from coming close.