"That's because you weren't fully dedicated to it. I have nothing else to do."

"You could always help me run a couple of my businesses here in Russia. That will keep you busy."

"Karrion..." I have a mind that needs to be kept busy. But running some of his businesses would be a lot to take on.

"Just think about it. The files for each one is in my office, you can go in, look through them, and have your pick."

"Ok. But, I'm not promising you anything. And you know that I still have to keep a close eye on my ventures."

"That's fine." I was trying to pick the right shoes to wear. Irrespective of where I was, I was always dressed to the tee.

"What's your plan? Meetings around the manor all day?"

"I wish. But I have to head into one of the companies today."

"And here I thought you were a full time criminal." I said laughing.

"That's a sort of turn on for you, isn't it?" He asked as he pulled me by my waist to him.

"A little bit. The bad boys have always been my taste." I said as I wrapped my hands around his neck.

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm no boy." He leaned down and kissed me. He pulled away and walked out of the closet. "You have my men and the cars at your disposal. If you want to reach me, call me or ask one of your guards to bring you to me."

"I'm sorry, one of my guards?"

"It's non negotiable. I won't let you walk around without security."

"I am my own security."

"Then consider it an addition. I'll see you when I get back." He gave me a quick kiss and walked out of the room. I got my laptop and phone and walked out of the room. I made an effort to ignore the five men that were apparently walking behind me. This was crazy! I'm inside! I made my way to the highest balcony overlooking the city. It was that period where the winter was getting to leave. The place was already warming up. I sat there and just made a few work calls, checked in on some clients and that was it. When I checked my time, it was 1pm already. I had been here for about 6 hours. I wanted to get something to eat so I went down to the kitchen. It was magnificent.

"Она здесь! Уходи, уходи, уходи. Я разберусь с этим. Но мы бы не хотели сегодня расстраивать босса." (She's here! Leave, leave, leave. I'll sort it out. But we wouldn't want to upset the boss today.) This was the first thing I heard as I entered the kitchen. The rest of the staff ran out, and I was left with this older woman. Based on her outfit, I'm assuming she's the head chef here. She turned to me with a big smile. "Good afternoon, Ms. Kane, what can I do for you today?"

"Maybe you can start by telling me why you just asked everyone to leave."

"I'm sorry, madam. But it was the boss' order."

"Karrion told you to do what exactly?"

"I'm not at liberty to say. But the kitchen is a busy place, you shouldn't be in here, madam."

"Well, I was just hoping for a quick brunch."

"Any specific thing?"

"None at all. Just make sure that there's a hot cup of coffee to go with it."

"Of course, madam. Will that be all?" She was so formal with me. And I could smell Karrion all over it.

"Yes, thank you." I smiled warmly before stepping out. I ran into Sion in the hallway. "Well, hello." I said as he joined me.