Chapter 22 : A Deal

Start from the beginning

The Kitsune looked at Hongjoong showing a small smile on his face "ok, you win, I won't kill the fairy" he said "I don't have much time anyway, I just want to eat and go back, so, I'll give you the gem" Hongjoong was surprised by his sudden generosity "in exchange for what?" He asked knowing the answer, but he still wanted a confrontation.

The Kitsune grinned "give me that 'human' and I won't touch one of you for the rest of the night" he said opening his arms waiting for Hongjoong's answer.

Hongjoong stood silently "what do you say? call it a deal?" He asked him and Hongjoong held his sword with both hands and attacked by swinging it across his neck, the Kitsune dodged it by bending his back down, which allowed him to remove Hongjoong's mask.

The Kitsune was shocked that he retreated a few steps from Hongjoong, he didn't believe the expression Hongjoong had on "you" he said "why are you smiling?".

Hongjoong had a big smile on his face and his eyes were wide open with bloodlust in them "because," he said "you think you can defeat me and take one of my crew mates, how cute of you" he said smiling and leaning on the top of his sword smiling at the shocked Kitsune "do you want to bet on who's going to die first?" He asked amused.

The Kitsune felt shivers down his spine, he knew he couldn't defeat Hongjoong, not in this form, not in his fox one.

He took a deep breath and looked to his right, and before he could move Hongjoong attacked again, still smiling "you are not going anywhere" he said swinging his sword towards his chest, the Kitsune blocked it with both hands, moving backwards.

He wanted to attack, but fighting face to face with Hongjoong was hard, he then moved around Hongjoong and attacked from his right by aiming a kick at his face, Hongjoong backed his head avoiding the kick.

The Kitsune didn't stop, he aimed one after the other, but Hongjoong kept avoiding him, then he stopped him with his sword and punched him in the abdomen, he coughed from the shock, his back hit the wall behind him.

"I think we both had enough" Hongjoong said massaging his neck with his left hand, then opened his hand in front of the Kitsune "now, the gem, please" he said smiling friendly while closing his eyes then opened them to see the Kitsune smiling, Hongjoong's smile dropped and put the sword in the Kitsune's stomach, but it was a mirage.

Hongjoong panicked, he went to the rooftop as fast as possible, and when he reached it, he saw him getting closer to his crew, he started running towards them, hoping to catch him on time.

"What?!!!" They asked in unison deafening her, when Yunho realised they were yelling "shhh, San is trying to sleep" he told them 'don't worry, I made him fall asleep' she told them 'because I know he would refuse immediately' she said "but, why?" Wooyoung asked still confused 'you want the gem, right?' She asked and they nodded 'I'll make a deal with him, so he will neither take San nor kill Valerie' she told them "you don't have to" Mingi said "Hongjoong will defeat him and take the gem away from him" he said proudly 'how are you so sure about it?' She asked "he doesn't seem like it, but Hongjoong is the strongest on this ship" Seonghwa assured her 'and what if he played a sly trick on him, what would you do?' She asked worried "why would he?" Jongho asked 'because, it's his nature' she said standing on all four and looking at them 'please, let me at least try' she begged them.

Yeosang sighed and looked at them "let her try, we won't lose anything, right?" He told them smiling, Seonghwa sighed "fine, but who will take her?" Seonghwa asked "should I?" Valerie suggested surprising them "he literally wants to kill you" Wooyoung told her "don't worry, I'll use my sword this time, and I really want to face him again" she said.

Seonghwa sighed "fine, but Yeosang and Jongho will go with you, just to make sure everything is okay" he agreed "ok, let's go" she said standing up and looked at where Hongjoong was fighting the Kitsune, she saw someone getting closer to them, she knew who it was.

"he's coming!" She yelled surprising them, they all stood up and looked at the same direction, he was getting closer "hurry up, Mingi, you carry San and head back to the ship, I'll go with you, the rest stay here and try stopping him" he ordered, and when Mingi tried to carry San on his back, he was kicked in the abdomen, thrown across the roof but Jongho stopped him by holding his back.

They looked towards San and there stood the Kitsune, there were a few bruises on his face and his clothes were covered in dirt "you really had me go through shit, huh?" He said massaging his jaw "I see he is still unconscious, for my advantage" he said looking at San, he knelt to pick him up, but he was stopped by a bunch of swords, one on his neck from behind, three from front and one on his wrist, he looked up, and there were three people aiming at him to shoot behind the ones in front of him.

"what do you think you are doing?" Seonghwa asked furiously from behind "what do you think?" He said sarcastically turning his head to look at Seonghwa "I tried to make a deal with your captain, but he refused, so I'm doing things my way now" he shrugged his shoulders and when he wanted to attack 'then make a deal with me' Byul said standing between Yeosang and Wooyoung who were holding rifles.

The Kitsune looked at her surprised "a deal?" He asked 'yeah' she said 'take me in his place' the crew were shocked by what she said 'but, you have to give them your gem and don't kill anyone, including the fairy' she told him "and why should I listen to you?" He asked her and suddenly she grew to be a huge leopard 'because, I'm from the beast tribe'.