"Damn it's my birthday already?" I joked watching all the gifts Dave got me

"Damn it's my birthday already?" I joked watching all the gifts Dave got me. When he said he was going to the mall I figured he was gon come back with a few stuff for me out of habit. Most times when he goes to the mall it's really to splurge on the kids and he brings a couple things back for me too. I stayed home with them though since my mom came over to spend the morning with us but she left for her interview a short while ago. I did not expect Dave to bring all this for me.
"Close enough. I ain't seeing you on the day so I might as well." He shrugged.
"I'm definitely wearing these slides to Jersey. Let me get ready though, Danny should be pulling up any minute now. Can you make sure Reina is ready please." Danny has a performance out in Ohio tomorrow so we're heading there now and I'm bringing Reina along. After her performance tomorrow I promised my brother I'd join him for his show in Texas which is like the next day so I'm literally going to be back and forth. The day after his show is my birthday so imma still be in Texas which is why Dave is already giving me my gifts.
"When you get back imma treat you good."
"Meaning what exactly?"
"Meaning imma give you a good treat, maybe take you out to dinner or some. I don't know but imma figure it out though."
"I don't doubt that. No pressure though."
"It's always pressure bout you girl."

Danny came to pick us up exactly twenty minutes later. We're currently at the airport waiting on our flight to be called. Reina is next to me playing on her iPad while Danny is on FaceTime with her man Project Youngin who I think will be joining us the night of her performance. From what I can tell, she might bring him out as a guest performer which is cool. The guy is a real cool dude and underrated too. It will be good recognition for him because Danny got way more clout than he does, understandably so given her history plus he is fresh on the scene.

Dave POV

"Man quit playing wit me

"Man quit playing wit me. East tell em bout us. These youngins know nothing bout real hustle. Man we had 12 on our us from like age 10. Remember that time Shooter stole the Air Jordan 18 from that dorky kid in school and he got beat up by his cop dad. Man them junts were fresh on the market that time, who didn't want em kicks? Nigga beat the shit outta Shooter and his hotheaded ass still ain't return the shoes."
"Right instead he sold it for half the price and bought sushi for the crew from that fancy new Chinese spot in Queens. That shit was raw and nasty asf but nigga practically paid for it in blood so I ate it up like it was my last meal." I added joking with the guys as we reminisced.
"Good times man. I remember when East, Shooter and I got caught smoking weed behind the school in Junior high. Man my mama whooped tf outta my ass and the next day Shooter wild ass convinced us to try coke. That shit had East wilding tf out bruh. These youngins don't be doing none of that shit now all they know is social media and they want everything fast. You give em a chance to be useful in these streets and they don't respect it. They all want a quick come up like it gon happen just like that. How you wanna be King and not put in work from the ground up. You not born into this shit, it ain't owed to you. You ain't none but a peasant." Man growing up in the streets wasn't the easiest but man we got memories to last a lifetime. We at Bully's spot right now chopping it up. This was supposed to be a little het together but this fool damn near invited almost the whole of Harlem. My son with his granny tonight. I planned to only leave him there until I was going home but I know my mom would be on my ass for coming to get him smelling of alcohol. She paranoid asf and will probably force me to stay the night instead of driving home.
"Yow East lemme holla at ya real quick son."
"What's crackin cuh?"
"Word on the street is you looking into Safi death. I thought you wasn't cool with shawdy no more."
"Don't trip on that. I'm doing this for my lady. I personally couldn't care less bout who took Safi out like that. She done snaked me one too many times hut what's good you got some for me?"
"I could see what I find out. I know somebody who was wit her that day might be able to get some info outta her. I'll keep you posted."
"Aight bet, good looking out cuh."