Chapter Thirty Four- "I don't fucking have all day."

Начните с самого начала

I frowned, opening my mouth to call her name once more when the bell rang. “Shit.” I mumbled, brushing past people and hurrying over to Kelsey.

All the kids have gone to class and I had made it just in time to find Kelsey about to enter but before she could, I grabbed her arm, pulling her back.

“What the--Justin,” Kelsey hissed. “Let me go! What are you doing?”

“I need to talk to you.” I rushed my words, wanting desperately for her to listen to me.

“No.” She shook her head. “You said all you had to say before. I have to go to class now.”

“I didn’t mean any of that--”

“Of course you did and that’s alright. I don’t care but I care about being late to class so if you could excuse me…” She tried to remove my hand from her arm but that only resulted in me strengthening my hold on her. She winced. “Justin--”

“Please, just hear me out.”

She stared me in the eyes, anger and sadness written all over them making my heart and stomach both drop to the ground. I hated seeing her upset especially when I was the cause of her pain as if on cue, I released my tight grip on her arm.

“Please.” I begged.

She shook her head. “You don’t deserve it. Why should I listen to you?”

“Because I need you to just listen to me--”

“I did and all that came out of your mouth was insult after insult, Justin--”

“I know and I’m sorry. Okay?”

“Sorry doesn’t always make everything better.”

“I know it doesn’t but I’m trying here. Okay? I could have easily let you wakl away and not give a damn but that’s my problem. I care and I hate upsetting you. It’s corny as fuck but also true.”

Her eyes searched mine before finally, she sighed, her shoulders slumping forwards. “Make it quick.”

My lips tugged upwards slightly. “Thank you.”

She nodded, her eyes not meeting mine.

Letting her arm go, she crossed the both of them across her chest, waiting for me to speak.

“I’m an asshole.”

“Clearly.”

“I’m also a douche.”

She nodded, agreeing with me.

“And I’m a fucking retard.”

“Couldn’t have said it better myself.”

I chuckled. “Gee, thanks.”

She shrugged. “It’s the truth.”

I sighed. “I know and that’s why I came here to apologize to you because I know I’m all those things and I had no right to be. You were only joking and I took it seriously and I shouldn’t have. I overreacted.”

“Overreacted? Try more like you completely went ballistic Justin.”

“That’s what happens when I lose control. My anger gets the best of me and I black out.”

She frowned, understanding what I meant.

“When that happens there’s no telling what I could say or do. I just… do it without a second thought to the consequences.”

She sulked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “You have to learn how to control yourself Justin.”

I nodded. “I know I do but sometime’s it’s just hard and I don’t know when it’s going to happen. It just does and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt you especially after all that’s have happened…” I rubbed the back of my neck, desperation tinted within each word I spoke.