Chapter Twenty Three - "Like what you see?"

The rest of the afternoon pretty much went like I’d hoped--peacefully.

Ever since my outburst on Justin, he didn’t say a word to me and neither did I to him. I guess he finally got the message that I meant business.

Do I like him? Sure. That was a given when I told him back in the forest but that nearly disappeared the moment some random chick comes and instantly he’s pissed and won’t even tell me who she is or what happened.

I mean, it’s one thing to want privacy but to be a person that demands one person about their own lives--like he does with me--but once they ask him--like how I did with him--he won’t open up.

How hypocritical is that? I mean, it would be a different story if he never demanded to know things about me but he does and he won’t even have the decency to tell me what’s going on when someone who Justin clearly had a past with comes up to us? That’s bullshit.

Hannah Beth came with our food a few short moments after and we both ate silently as if we were mourning the death of someone we both knew.

It was weird, I’m not going to lie, but it was also somewhat comfortable despite the dark aurora floating over our heads.

I knew words were eating away at his insides but I never gave him a chance to voice them because every time he’d open his mouth to say something, most definitely directed to what I had last said to him, I would interrupt him in any way possible that I could think of at the moment.

Grabbing my cheeseburger, I took a bite out of it before taking a sip of my lemonade, ignoring Justin’s deep gaze on me. It was slightly making me uncomfortable, being under his strong, intense, stare but I refused to show him any sign of weakness. I was going to win this fight, whether he liked it or not.

I refuse to be anyone’s bitch especially Justin’s. There’s only so much I can handle and his mood swings was a big part of that.

A kiss isn’t always going to fix everything and neither is an apology. I need an explanation and I vow to get it. Even if it’ll take months or even years. I will get one because I deserve it especially after everything I’ve gone through these past few days including saving his ass--countless times.

Once I finished scarping down my lunch, I wiped my lips on a napkin before standing up and walking into the bathroom. I made my way over to the sink, holding my hand under the automatic soap dispenser before rubbing my hands together once a pink liquid squirted down onto the palm of my hand. Pulling the sink tabs towards me, I ran my hands under the running water before pushing the tabs shut and turning over to my side where I pulled the handle on the black box that began pouring out layers of napkins. Once I dried my hands and threw the napkins out, I checked my reflection in the mirror.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I looked like a hot mess. Pouting my bottom lip, I bit the side of my cheek, contemplating what was going to happen once I walk out of this bathroom and out of this diner, pulling myself out of Justin and his web of lies.

Just as I was about to open the door that led outside of the bathroom, one of the stalls opened up and out walking came Jen. I pursed my lips at the sight of the girl that had Justin’s pants in a twist.

If Justin won’t open his mouth up then she sure as hell will. Walking over to her, I leaned myself against the sink adjacent to hers. “Hey.”

She tore her eyes away from her hands, looking over at me. “…Hey.” She licked her lips, pulling her hands away from under the faucet once she shut it off and walking over to the napkins, pulling the handle to get herself some to dry her hands.