Chapter Twenty Three - "Like what you see?"

Start from the beginning

“Okay, so, I know you don’t know me,” I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “But I know you know Justin and I just wanted to ask you--”

“I’m sorry,” She shook her head, cutting me off short. “I know where you’re headed with this and as much as I’d like to help you, I can’t.”

“Why not?” I furrowed my eyebrows together. “It’s obviously something happened between you and Justin and I think I have a right to know.”

She sighed, brushing past me, heading over to the door. “Look, you seem like a nice person but I just… I can’t.” She took a deep breath, grabbing onto the door’s handle. “It’s not my business to tell and quite frankly, it isn’t Justin’s either. I don’t mean to be rude but it’s best you mind your own business.” She opened the door, getting ready to head out when she stopped herself from continuing on any further out the door. “Give it a few days. I’m sure he’ll tell you.” She sent me a bit of a reassuring smile before walking the remainder of the way out and disappearing behind the door.

I stood there, confused as ever with my brain swirling with what she had just said. What did she mean that it’s not Justin’s business? Obviously what happened included him into the equation and if I were to have any sort of relationship with him, I’d have a right to know too.

How could I ever possibly be anything with him if I can’t even trust him? Or if he can’t even trust me?

I shook the thoughts out of my head, realizing it’s been a bit over about ten minutes since I’ve been in here and I still hadn’t left the bathroom. Grabbing the handle, I walked out and made my way back over to the table where Justin’s eyes stared forwards, his gaze hard and his lips pursed into a thin line. I followed his eyes and found myself frowning once I realized he was looking at Jennifer.

Biting my lip, I decided I’d just go now. I mean, there’s no reason to beat around the bush. “Bye.” I mumbled before walking away and out of the diner where the cold air whipped through my face like a thousand needles.

Wrapping my arms tightly around my body, I blew out a much needed breath, feeling an enormous amount of emotions running through me at the same time ranging from anger to confusion to annoyance. Definitely not a good combination.

Just as I was about to step foot onto the parking lot, I was pulled back and whipped around to face the one and only--Justin Bieber.

I fought the urge to punch him in the face.

“I thought I told you I didn’t want you running after me.” I seethed through greeted teeth.

“Yeah, well, you say a lot of things and I never listen.” He shrugged. “What’s makes you think I’d listen to you this time?” He brought his face extremely close to mine.

I stared at him with disgust before ripping my arm away from the hold he had and stepping back. “Don’t touch me.”

He chuckled darkly, shaking his head. “Always a fucking drama queen.” He dug his hands into the pockets of his skinny jeans with his thumbs sticking out.

“I wouldn’t have to be if you would just open up once in a while. I mean, you owe me that much for all the shit I was put through because of you.” I spat.

“Get the fuck over it,” He sneered. “I don’t have to tell you everything Kelsey.”

“And neither do I but you know after your annoying ass, I gave in because I’m a nice person like that.” I faked a gasp. “But, oops, I forgot,” I slapped a hand to my thigh. “You don’t care about anyone but yourself and the funny thing is, it only took me two days,” I scoffed. “Scratch that--it took me a day, to realize that one.”