Ch 1-2. Trapped Here

Începe de la început

That's another reason why I'm treated differently here. I'm nothing like the other girls. I wear my skirt down to my knees, which seems like breaking the law here or something, and I don't wear my shirt and tie all loose, so that my cleavage shows. Not to mention my bangs, which are so long that it's difficult to see my eyes. All I can say is that I am merely average, so this is in no way a story of a hidden beauty, finding true love in the most unexpected of places.

¤¤¤

I banged my stupid, clearly broken, locker shut in frustration. I'd been placed on the locker waiting list weeks ago, and it still hadn't been fixed. This was because, due to the school's main population of rich jerks, most of the staff was bribed by students with broken lockers to get theirs fixed without having to be placed on any kind of waiting list. I'm thoroughly convinced there actually is no waiting list.

After a few more forceful thrusts, it gave in a little and I was able to work it in enough for it to at least remain closed. Fully aware of how late I was running, I spun to my right and rushed to go to my next class but, of course, I crashed into someone. My face collided with an extremely hard chest and I fell right onto my arse. I felt like I had hit a trampoline - you only get pushed farther away the harder you try, right? I wasn't stupid enough to expect whoever it was to immediately apologize and help me up, asking if I was alright. That only happened at regular schools. This was a school for snobs, remember?

Looking up, I was dismayed to notice it was the guy who had laughed at me. The guy after me on the class list. Darrén Hetace. And of course, he was laughing at me yet again.

Everyone said he was the school's most attractive male. I guess he did some modeling and, to top it off, he was very athletic. Don't misunderstand me, now. I haven't studied him or anything. But when every girl is constantly screaming this information at you, you kind of have it ingrained on your brain. Apparently, he was rich because of how all around 'perfect' he was. But I knew that even though he was extremely good-looking on the outside, that, in no way, meant he had to be beautiful on the inside. I don't understand why people are so fixated on being pretty on the outside. And what's so remarkable about six-packs? Girls practically faint over them! I must not be a girl. After all, tt's just muscles, right? And I know for sure that all of the guys in this school have that, so it's nothing special, anyway.

I slowly got back to my feet as if nothing had happened. Noticing I had dropped my books, I bent down to collect them. To my surprise, he helped me! But my surprise turned to horror as I realized he had picked up the sheet of music that contained my newly written song.

No! My music! I can't let him see that! I watched desperately as he read the title I had scrawled at the top of the page.

"'Trapped'," he said.

If I got so nervous just by him reading the title, then how bad would it be if I had actually performed it? I snatched the sheet from his hands and hugged it to my chest, terrified. I was relieved he couldn't see the emotions that I was sure showed on my face."Thank you so much, Hetace. Goodbye." I said, a hint of sarcasm leaking into my voice. Being at this school really polished up my manners.

¤¤¤

"Great work, Hayden!" the P.E coach praised me.

I smiled and thanked him. I'm practically the only girl in this school that participates during P.E. Most just whine and offer up pathetic excuses in an attempt to get out of any physical exercise. My favorite was the Period card. Laughable.

P.E. is piece of cake to me, because all it really consists of is running. I always run five miles after school to keep myself in shape and to stay healthy. After the exercise, I didn't even have a drop of sweat on my body. But I did regret that I didn't buy the P.E uniforms shorts because it usually becomes hot later on. I was, of course, the only girl that chose the long P.E pants instead. I'm positive some girls only show up to P.E. to try and show off their legs to the guys.