"Where are you going?" he questioned the vampire with a chuckle.

"To pack?" Enzo replied easily. When Kai continued to stare at him, Enzo scoffed. "You didn't really think you were taking her anywhere without me, right?"

"You can't come," Kai warned. "You'll just interfere and cause Amber more stress."

"Enzo's a happy place," I chirped up, cutting the argument short. "If anything, he'll make it easier for me."

Enzo smirked at Kai, refusing to hide his smugness. The siphoner narrowed his eyes at me, the muscles in his jaw clenching.

"I'm not leaving him here," I pressed on, remaining stubborn.

Eventually, Kai gave in, shoulders relaxing. "Fine," he said, stepping out of the way. "If that's the only way I can get you on board, your boyfriend can come." Nodding towards the direction of the stairs, he added, "Hurry. We need to get there well before sundown."

Tutting and rolling my eyes lightheartedly, I made my way towards the hallway, finding his obvious frustration almost comical.

In my room, I grabbed an old suitcase from the closet and packed away a few outfits, underwear, shoes and other necessities. Before leaving, I quickly applied a coat of gloss across my lips in the mirror then hurried downstairs to where I knew the guys would be waiting impatiently for me.

Near the front door, I met Kai and Enzo standing with their bags over their shoulders. Kai narrowed his eyelids at me, giving me an odd look.

"What?" I questioned, staring back at him.

His brows knitted together in suspicion. "Did you put lipgloss on?"

"Yeah," I replied easily with a blink. "So?"

Kai sighed. "This isn't some Barbie vacation," he grumbled. "This is serious business."

I snickered, holding up my hands in surrender. "Oookay," I mocked. "What's gotten into you today, grumpy pants?"

"Nothing," he grunted before reaching for the door. "Let's go."

Picking up my suitcase by the handle, I followed the men out to the Porsche. Kai headed straight for the driver's side - Enzo beat him to it.

"What are you doing?" Kai questioned, glaring down at Enzo's grip on the door handle.

"I'm driving," Enzo informed him bluntly.

Kai shook his head. "I don't think so. You're not even supposed to be here."

Enzo heaved a sigh, straightening his back. "Let's put this differently," he began, the volume of his voice dangerously low. "Either I drive, or we all stay here for however long it takes before you either give in or I kill you." He flashed Kai an innocent smile. "Your choice."

Sensing a challenge, Kai stepped closer with a smirk, closing the gap between him and the vampire as they stared eachother down.

Fed up, I let out a harsh breath through my nostrils. "Just get in the back, Kai, stop wasting time," I groaned. "Weren't you the one who told us to hurry?"