Valentine's special <3

The morning that Tuesday felt colder than usual for a small person like Jisung.

Maybe because it's raining? 

Or maybe because Minho isn't in bed with him?

Jisung turned over on his bed, laying on his back with a sigh. He reached his phone, glancing to the date.

Tuesday, February 14th 2023.

Wait… February 14th?

It's valentine's day today, yet the rain seems to ruin the mood. No hate to the rain though, he loves rain. But today he had planned a big date with Minho at the newly opened funfair.

Sounds cliche, right? He's out of ideas anyway.

He tapped on the groupchat, eyes dimmed as he reads one specific text from his boyfriend. 

bbyminho<3 : i have a schedule today, outside the area. sorry for not being able to attend tonight's gathering.

Right, tonight's gathering. All of them will celebrate the day with their own partners, maybe even drunk enough to make out in front of everyone during the group's gathering.

But his partner? Sounds impossible to even dream about celebrating valentine's day with him.

Jisung got up from his bed, straight to the bathroom.

Well, he still needs to live up his day either with the older or not.

"Oh hi, Sung! You finally woke up. I thought you'd sleep through the day since Minho hyung's not home," Hyunjin said, looking at the boy while biting his toast.

Jisung scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Says the one who woke up just several minutes earlier than me. Like… a toast for lunch? Who does that?"

Hyunjin gave him a sheepish smile, walking towards the boy with another toast in his hand. 

"Do you want some?"

"Thanks but no thanks," the younger replied, looking around the dorm with a confused look. "Where's the others though?"

Hyunjin shrugged. "The wallmart maybe. Oh and don't forget tonight's gathering."

Jisung's mood went down again as the event was mentioned. It's rare to see the loud Han Jisung in this mood, all gloomy, sad and silent, almost like a boy with heartbroken issue.

And to say Hyunjin didn't realize the mood change would be a lie. He let out a sigh, giving a sympathic look at the younger.

"I'm sorry that he won't be able to come though."

"It's fine, it's no one's fault anyways. Guess I'll just have to wait for another year to celebrate it with him."

Despite how calm and easy the squirrel-like boy said that, his eyes showed a whole different emotion. 

A desperation, longing and hoping for the older to come home.

But one thing Jisung had learned,

hope usually hurts.

"Hey, don't be all gloomy. Here, I have a recipe for homemade chocolate. Do you wanna try it with me? I could call Lix to join us too," Hyunjin said, trying to cheer up the boy. Well, at least it worked.

Jisung's eyes shone at that. "Homemade chocolate? I could try that, maybe even give that to hyung once he's home!" The boy exclaimed excitedly, making Hyunjin feel relief for a bit.

"Right? I'll call Lix and then we can start gathering the ingredients."