CHAPTER 95 - THREE KNOCKS AND LETTERS

"We... won..."

Raynevere muttered as she looked up at the sky. In the background is the audience shouting in joy. It was a spectacular battle- a fight where we did it our all. It took all Raynevere's strength to defeat a monster like Himeno Yuusha and a genius like Ryan Radars.

"We won, Raynevere! We won!" I shouted out to my Gladiatrix.

Raynevere slowly turned to me, and a smile slowly became visible on her face. She limpingly walked towards me, and I decided to run towards her.

"That's... right... We... won... We won, Elzane... We won!" Raynevere's voice is soft and weak, but it is evident that she is happy with the result. She may look like a zombie right now, but her soul is lively as ever.

One, two, three steps. After those, the fourth step made Raynevere's knees shake, and she almost fell to the ground!

"Whoops! I got you!" I said. Thankfully, I was just in time to catch her before her strength went out.

"Elzane... We did it! We beat Ms. Himeno Yuusha!" My fiance is beaming with a weak smile.

"And with this, you have reclaimed Treenity Innovations! Your grandfather will be proud of you, Rayne-, No, Miss President!"

"Ahaha! Thank you, Mister Chaldeas."

And just like that, Raynevere rested on my grasp. She's too exhausted and injured to celebrate much further, so she must have decided to sleep.

I sneakily activated the Skill Card: Heal to cure all her wounds, but that did not replenish her energy. I'm quite worried so I immediately called the attention of the staff and had us delivered to the hospital.

<>

There was supposedly a ceremony for those who made it to the Battle Fiesta Playoffs, but I did not have the luxury to attend it. Raynevere's safety is my number one priority, so I decided to watch her until she woke up. It's kind of pointless to attend that kind of ceremony without my Gladiatrix anyway, so I'll just make a pass on it.

Anyway, it was around midnight when we arrived at the hospital. I waited for one, two, or maybe three hours until dawn when my fatigue assaulted me. I did not realize that I fell asleep until I felt a soft touch on my head.

When I opened my eyes, it was already morning. It seems that I fell asleep on my chin right on Raynevere's bed. My back hurts because of the sitting posture I took when I passed out.

I saw Raynevere's face which immediately promoted a normal morning into a very good morning. The Cyber Elf maiden is blooming with beauty which is in contrast to what I saw in the aftermath of the battle.

"Good morning, Elzane~" Raynevere smiled brightly. It seems that she has already replenished her strength.

"G-Good morning, Raynevere," I said as I wiped my eyes. As soon as I raised my head, she stopped petting me. I blinked once or twice then asked my Gladiatrix a question. "How long have you been petting my head?"

"About five minutes since I woke up." Raynevere adorably stuck out her tongue.

I looked at the wall clock and saw that it was already ten in the morning. I think I slept like a log, and considering that it's just a few minutes before Raynevere has woken up, it should be more than enough to recover her energy. But to be sure, I still have to ask.

"How are you feeling?"

"I feel good~" Raynevere jollily answered. "In fact, better than ever!"

I want to continue our conversation but I heard three knocks on the door. I was about to stand up and answer it but I saw a letter sliding through the gap in the door. I picked it on the ground and went back beside Raynevere.

"What is it?" Raynevere tilted her head.

"It's from the KG Guild, about the Battle Fiesta last night," I said.

"Come on, open it up!" Raynevere hopped on her bed.

"Hey, don't move like that!" I scolded with concern. Then I shifted my attention to the letter. I opened it gently and then read it out loud. "Congratulations Elzane Chaldeas and Raynevere Treenity for qualifying for the Entry-Grade Battle Fiesta Playoffs. You are now promoted to High-Grade Kaisers and Gladiators! Keep up the good work!"

Before we could react, we both heard another set of three knocks on the door. Then, a second letter slipped through the gap in the door. I picked it up and went back to Raynevere.

"Again? What is that second letter all about?" Raynevere curiously tilted her head for the second time.

"Let's see." I gently opened the letter with an expensive seal on it. It has the title of Treenity Innovations and its company logo, so I kind of want to learn the contents of it.

"Congratulations President Raynevere Treenity! We are holding a party as a celebration of your glorious win both in the elections and in the Battle Fiesta! You did great in promoting the corporation in the tournament, and we are glad to work with the rightful heir of the corporation! Best Regards- Board of Directors."

Raynevere was silent. When I looked at her, her purple eyes are starting to produce tears. She wiped it the first and second times, but the tears kept on flowing out.

"This is... this is..." Raynevere mumbled as she continued to cry.

"Yeah. The corporation has acknowledged you as the new President. Let's go to the party."