Web of Spider-Man

[Chapter One: The Return]

It had been two weeks of hard fighting since the initial defeat of Eclipse and many of her loyal minions were still hidden around the world. Pro heroes that survived and stuck together worked to ensure the escaping villains couldn't lick their wounds and fight back.

Right now, Japan, America, and Ghana remained the safest places for civilians and heroes to reside. A fraction of the normal status quo began to rejuvenate from the ashes of the Federation, but the reign of villainy would never fade away into a distant memory. Even with victory being achieved by the forces of heroism, many found themselves hanging up the cape after the traumatic events that were forced to overcome.

Similar to the ending of the Liberation Army War, much of society and the heroes themselves began to lose faith in their abilities to protect the world, and Eclipe's short but deadly terror would only further the divide in a conflict society. While tons of heroes returned to their duties, people still questioned where Spider-Man was. No one outside of a few souls knew where he was.

"I don't know if you can hear me right now, Taeko... but I'm here."

Aeon Bi-Han, the cousin variation sat on a wobbly metal chair beside the bed of Taeko. With hands in his clasped together and bloody fingers folded over one another, Aeon sat on top of bubbling anxiety that didn't let go. He arrived just last night at the hidden hospital after the victory over Eclipse and her World Federation regime, although the price was costly. Many friends and even family had been lost in order to save the world, and it was something he had to live with.

Although victory had been achieved, hardly any heroes felt accomplished with the outcomes. Many were forced to break their moral codes and take lives, heroes couldn't save everyone, and all felt fear for the new villains. The threat was over but life couldn't ever return back to normal, not for anyone.

"I shouldn't have let you go again..." Aeon sighed as he dropped his head downwards to catch it with his palm. Aeon ran his hand down across his chin with a pressure that clashes dried blood and a prickly stubble. He hadn't had a proper shave or bath in days and mixed in the endless fighting for days and nights, Aeon felt fatigued beyond comprehension. He now began to feel regret for letting Taeko leave his group to head back to Mustafa.

"I should've kept you safe... you're my cousin. My family, I-" Aeon stopped speaking once he heard the door behind him slowly squeak open. He glanced behind his shoulder to find Kaina timidly entering the room, barely lifting her boots off the ground due to apprehensive about Aeon and Taeko's state. She never properly met the cousin but was familiar with his views toward villains and his sometimes rash personality.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything..." Kaina spoke softly, but didn't back away or leave. She also wore a light blue hospital gown that accompanied various bandages around his arm and one wrapped around her forehead. During the two-week coma Taeko was in, Kaina alongside the Hyusouke couple and Trekeon helped rid the city of villains, before joining Aeon's group to defeat Eclipse.

She took the across from him and on the right side of Taeko. The world had still been broken and needed to heal from the Eclipse events, and the Bi-Han family was shaken even further. Old bonds needed to heal and siblings needed to reconnect.

"No, you're alright. I was just rambling from my mind." Aeon reassured, looking at the clock to find the hour hand half past seven A.M. He arrived a few hours prior after hearing a communication transmission about Spider-Man in the hospital. His group of victorious heroes arrived back in Mustafa after what felt like years, and many already went to assist with the reconstruction efforts.

He wanted to help everyone with the rebuilding efforts, but everyone convinced him to check in on his family. It was also a shocking revelation for the world and those closest to Drakkon to find out that Spider-Man was his cousin, which led to many questions.