Sinister War P.3

[Mustafa]

Taeko still sat upside down while listening to Ohta's crazed impromptu speech. He was lost for words but wasn't surprised at the almost incoherent and borderline insane point his enemy was trying to make. It pained him to look at what his former idol had turned into, now stalking the city as a washed-up, vengeful man. Bitterness was all that kept Ohta going in life and that hope that eventually he'd come out on top against his greatest enemy.

"So that's it? You're looking for answers? And let me guess, you think that means killing us." Taeko sighed. "There's no way we can talk this out? Doesn't the past mean anything?"

"You destroyed the past when you turned against me!" Ohta retorted, grabbing two metal shelves with his extended limbs and ripping them straight from the ground. Taeko dropped down from the web and rolled across the ground, narrowly dodging the shelves. He glanced behind to see what the damage was, only to find another arm heading towards him.

"Hey!" Taeko blurted out, coming face to fist with a metal tentacle that charged straight for his neck. He bent backward, ignoring the crack in his back that felt good after the rough few days of strain against his body. Taeko watched the arm extend past him, only to be struck by another arm that grabbed him by the leg and pulled him onto the ground.

"Taeko!" Kaina shouted, attempting to run after him. However, Hisoki acted faster and hit the three with a powerful gust of smoke, pushing them towards the end of the room. Boxes and shelves surrounded them and successfully created a makeshift barrier away from the other fighters. Taeko could only catch a glimpse of Kaina's purple hair, giving him a brief moment of relief that she was alright.

"You will pay the price for your constant interference. Arachnid!" Ohta screamed, sending the other metal arms after Taeko. The latter broke free from the first arm and managed to evade the other three with a few flips. The display of agility upset Ohta to a point beyond reasonable.

"You know I'm kinda broke, why don't you pay tonight, and let's say I owe yo-" Taeko quipped, but was cut off by a sudden smack from the metal tentacle. This tossed Spider hero against a wall, almost breaking through the drywall with the brunt of his back. Once Taeko opened his eyes he instantly spotted three arms heading towards him, promoting him to aim his wrists forwards. He was successful in webbing down three of them, granting him a sense of false victory.

The fourth arm tore through his webs with ease, as if it were a child ripping pieces of paper to toss on the floor. Taeko leaped forward to catch Ohta off guard, knowing that his reaction wasn't as sharp as his. Unfortunately, Ohta predicted this and sent out two arms, both of which were successful in catching Taeko by the throat.

"You always were predictable, especially for the mind of Ohta Octavius."

"Ack... my moves are a running...gag.." Taeko squawked with his windpipe nearly shattering, if it weren't for Venom reinforcing the neck with more symbiote. The six claws around his neck started to grip tighter as his eyes darted around the room. Taeko spotted a small vial of purple water, supposedly left behind as an anti-dioxide for wounds.

Taeko shot out a web and pulled it forward, which caused it to smash against Ohta's spare arm. This allowed Taeko to take advantage of the momentary misdirection. He slammed his elbows down against the arms choking him, releasing their hold and dropping him onto the floor. "Phew..." Taeko coughed, rubbing his hand against his throat and catching his breath. "Straight for the throat, how original."

"He has done worse than that. Perhaps it would be wise to grant us control-"

"Don't even finish that." Taeko interrupted, shakily standing up with the support of his arm holstering his weight up and pushing against his knee. To his surprise, his head felt dizzy from the repeated hits, which was something that rarely occurred in recent years. "I'm going to talk to him, not try and decapitate him as you did."