Devil's Reign P.4

Mustafa

Within the center of the city held a larger charity party, hosted by none other than Daiki Kon. Every few years the crimeboess hosted the massive event, and used it as a front to raise money for his stocks. Many business owners, stock investors, and heroes would attend everywhere. It was Daiki's false monument to the city, and he upheld it with ease.

The Gala would last for a few hours, and was promptly cleaned up by the hundreds of workers. While it wasn't along the lines of the Hero Ranking Awards, this Gala was widely known. However, this year's event, wouldn't be like any normal event for the city to witness.

"This is Jin Juba reporting live for the Daily Directive, and tonight ladies and gentlemen, is the annual charity Gala." The middle-aged chief of news papers spoke, as his assistant shined the camera on the event. Lights and golden crowns filled the space as decoration, and more people filled the area. "While I'm aware of the many controversies regarding Daiki Kon. I'm sure we're all aware of one man's record that outshines any others. SPIDER-MAN! the wall-crawling menace, who has yet to show up and cause chaos."

The three vigilantes all stood ontop of a large building a few blocks away. Taeko made sure to keep them at proper distance, and allowed Kaina to gain a good vantage point. From there they could see most everything in the event, especially the target of their mission.

"I can't believe he actually invited me." Taeko chuckled, reading through a blue and red colored envelope. He had come across the invitation after stopping a robbery, which was planted there by Daiki's agents. "Listen to this, ahem. Dear Spider-Man, you have been cordially invited to attended the twelfth annual Charity Gala. Mr. Kon sends this letter with good faith that you'll reconsider his proposal, please join and enjoy the marvelous new world he has to offer."

"Now that's a super villain speech if I've ever heard one." Kaina replied as she laid down on her stomach, using her rifles scope to get a better view. She could spot dozens of expensive cars all lining up infront of the valet. Every individual who entered the outside property wore an equally fancy attire. The exterior walls were decorated with an emerald green rose bush, and it stretched all throughout the building.

"Holy... look how many people are showing up... Hey! That's Death Arms!" Taeko commented, looking through a pair of store-bought binoculars. He sat next to Kaina, and the two scooped out what they'd be facing. This part of the mission preparation was always their favorite, the calm before the storm.

"Looks to be the largest turn out this year, maybe he really has gone good." Kaina joked, pointing out expanding number of attendees. The mass amount of people flooded within the Gala, which meant their plan would prove a little more difficult. "You sure no one will spot you two?"

Rumi stood on the other side of the roof, and kept one leg ontop of a small brick patch. She stretched out her biceps, since her main strength came from her powerful legs. "Doubt it, those phonies will be too drunk to notice us." She replied, displaying her normal level of confidence.

Taeko agreed with a nod, and placed the binoculars on the floor. His legs dangled over the edge, but he didn't feel any worry. By now he was more than comfortable in high places, and it even calmed him down. He stood up and pressed a small button near the eyes on his mask. They immediately turned into a blue shade, instead of their normal white coloring.