Devil's Reign P.2

"Whoa, your boss? As in THE KINGPIN, wants to meet me?" Taeko asked, feeling taken back by the sudden introduction of Akaya. Even though he planned to inevitably encounter Daiki, this was extremely fast.

Akaya stood impassively, and watched as the young man paced around. He thought to himself if this was a trick, or an ambush waiting to spring. "Hmm... Spider-sense not going off. But can I trust her?"

He kept walking back and forth, almost finding himself unable to answer. He didn't want to go into a potential fight alone, without Kaina, and against the head crimeboss. Taeko still knew nothing about The Kingpin, not even his Quirk.

He then stopped in his steps, and looked back at Ayaka. She stared at him with a neutral manner, which gave off an eerie feeling. "So he wants to meet me right now? For what? To bash my brain in for breaking his toys?"

"No, he simply wishes to offer a business proposal." Akaya replied, holding his hand out towards the distance. Taeko raised a brow, leaning to the side to see where she was pointing to.

"You promise you won't try and kill me?" Taeko rephrased his question.

"Not until Mr. Kon tells me to."

"How-How do I know that he didn't already ask you to?" Questioned Taeko, still standing a few feet away. His mind tried to uncover every possible method they'd use to attack him.

"You'd already be dead." Ayaka calmly answered, causing Taeko to stand stiff.

It was still setting into night, and all he could see the dimly lit house lights. Ayaka still stood motionless, almost as if she wasn't even breathing at all. It made Taeko turn back to his phone, and hold out a finger to give him a moment.

Ayaka nodded and held her hands behind her back. Her eyes never left him, which crept him out even more. Taeko dialed Kaina once again, and quietly prayed for her to pick up. He needed her input on the situation, otherwise he'd make a choice he might regret. However, all that answered was the voice mail.

"Hey Nagant, we really need to talk. Please, get back when you can. I'm about to have dinner with Kingpin, so hope I don't die." He sighed, using her vigilante name infront of the mysterious women. Taeko cursed a multitude of words, before turning back to meet Ayaka.

He took a deep breath, and allowed his mind to process his upcoming answer. He felt fairly nervous, especially when agreeing to enter the den of the devil. In the end he felt that meeting Daiki could help him in his ongoing battle. If Taeko could learn anything about the inside of his empire, that would be enough.

Taeko took a step forward, and crossed his arms together. He felt annoyed that his mind led him here, but ultimately it was his choice. "Alright purple lady, take me to The Kingpin."

Ayaka showed her only sign of life with a small smirk, and extended her hand outwards. She waited as Taeko nervously looked at her neatly smoothed palm. "This is some electric hand trap isn't it?" He nervously chuckled while Ayaka stood with her usual uninterested stare.

"Ah, well, let's make this quick." Taeko replied, feeling his jokes hit blank walls with her. He accepted her handshake, and closed his eyes in preparation of a sudden jolt of energy. Instead, a large blue aura of light engulfed to the two of them. "Whatttttttt the fu-"

His body suddenly grew lighter as his mind felt slightly dizzy. The next thing Taeko knew, he was now standing inside a large, beautifully decorated building. He placed a hand on his mask, trying not to throw up. "Ck." He finished. Ayaka seemed completely unfazed, and began walking forward.

"Please, follow me." She requested, not stopping for him. The young vigilante took a second to catch his mind, and scan the room for anything out of the ordinary. All he found was a large room with many statues of old men in tuxedos.