Forgive and forget

JJ took a deep breath as he walked as slow as he could down the road, heading towards the Heyward household, sweating from the anxiety building up inside of him.

He couldn't stay away from Pope any longer, not unless he wanted to go completely insane.
JJ didn't know if Pope was even home, however that wasn't his fear at the moment.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘓𝘪𝘭𝘺'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦? JJ thought to himself, he knew Pope and Lily had been a thing for a few days after the incident, and JJ thought maybe they still were although he hadn't heard anything about or from Lily in a while, making him happy the girl was finally out of sight, nowhere to constantly remind JJ how much she had ruined and torn apart.

Although JJ was still angry at Pope, he knew it was time to move on, time to try again with the boy he loved.

- 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱

JJ slowly walked up the creaky steps to the Heywards house, raising a fist up to knock.

The boy knocked three times before patiently waiting for an answer, he would feel embarrassed if nobody answered, especially if somebody was home choosing not to answer the door for him.

Right as the boy was about to lose hope and head back to the chateau he heard the door squeak open slowly and carefully, revealing a boy with brown hair and pretty eyes, not to mention the prettiest smile JJ has ever seen.

Pope could barely look JJ in the eyes, but JJ couldn't look away from his.

"Hi" was all Pope could breath out as he kept looking down at the ground, avoiding any and all eye contact with the boy standing in front of him.

"We need to talk about it" JJ told him before using his hand to tilt Popes head up, making sure he looked JJ in the eyes. "You're right" Pope agreed in a defeated tone, finally looking JJ slightly in his perfect blue eyes.

Pope opened the door welcoming JJ in as they tiptoed up the old stairs that lead to Popes bedroom.

The brunette boy closed the wooden door behind them as he sat on his bed, gesturing for JJ to sit next to him, the boy following him over to the bed but sitting a good distance away from Pope.

Before Pope could even utter a word JJ asked what he had wanted to ask for weeks.
"Why'd you do it Pope?" JJs voice sounded hurt and betrayed. "I don't know" was all Pope managed to say back. "You don't know?" The words just kept spilling out of JJs mouth before he could even stop them. "You don't know why you broke my heart into pieces Pope? I treated you better than I thought I could ever treat anybody and you just threw it out the window like it was nothing! Like we never happened!"
JJs lip quivered but he kept his facade, he didn't want a pity party, he wanted an explanation.

"I was mad at you." Pope finally answered after a long silence. "Mad?" The blonde raised an eyebrow at the boy sitting next to him, "mad at me for treating you great and showing you love? Woah I'm a terrible person." The boy pointed out in a sarcastic manner.

"No, mad at you for making me like you so damn much! I was never comfortable admitting I liked guys or saw you as anything but a best friend." The brunette admitted after weeks of denying why he was actually angry at JJ.

JJ opened his mouth to speak but for some reason he couldn't think of what to say back, it was like his brain lost track of all his words.

"I'm sorry JJ, I never meant to hurt you and Lily was a jerk anyways. I was wrong for what I did and I sh-" Before Pope could even finish his apology speech he felt a pair of lips press against his, JJ put a hand on the back of Popes head to pull him closer. The boy had never felt more relieved in his life, he thought JJ may never forgive him for what he did.

The kiss was like magic and the two boys never wanted the magic to end.

JJ slowly pulled away, keeping his hand on the back of Popes head to keep him close, touching his own forehead against Popes.

"I forgive you." JJ breathed out, smiling at Pope for the first time in forever. "Good" the boy replied to JJ as he wrapped his arms around the boy, pulling him into a hug.

- 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱

JJ and Pope happily walked into the chateau, fingers intertwined together as they smiled at one  another.

John b had noticed this and thought to himself if he should even ask his friends how this happened, was that a personal question? Probably. Although no matter how it happened, John b was happy to see JJ smiling the way he was, JJ hadn't smiled like that in weeks, at least not while he was sober.

"My boys are back!" The long haired boy practically skipped up to JJ and Pope, wrapping an arm around each of the boys, not caring that he was slightly strangling them.

"I always knew Pope would come to his senses and realize dating a boy wasn't a bad thing!" John b laughed before putting a hand over his own mouth to stop anymore words from coming out, realizing maybe talking wasn't the best option for him at times.

Pope and JJ just laughed along at the boys stupidity.

The laughter calmed down and it was John bs turn to tell the two pogues his exciting news.
"So you know how Ward thinks he can out smart me for the gold?" The boy questioned, "yes but I thought you and Sarah would give up this gold thing already." JJ rolled his eyes.
"400 million" Pope reminded before letting John b finish his speech. "I think Ward has the gold hidden somewhere around his property, Sarah can easily get in considering she lives there! We'll be able to go full kook by the end of the month if she can pull it off!" John b stated his and Sarahs plan excitedly.

"Yeah and Ward won't notice about 400 million in gold missing from his house?" Pope argues the facts per usual.

"We got nothing to lose Pope, look at the big picture here man!" JJ shook Pope as he explained how rich they could be.

"We're not doing this you guys, I'm not risking my scholarship for some suicide mission!" Pope explained before walking off, making it clear he wasn't going to argue the facts.

"We're doing this right?" JJ whispered to the other boy.

"Hell yeah!"

A/N~ woah another update this early !? 🤭
anyways hope y'all liked this chapter !! this is going MOSTLY off the plot but I changed some events & things to fit the story better :) This is currently based around s1 episode 6<3
BYEEEE

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼💋💋💋💋