Not just a friend

It was the morning after JJ and Popes exciting evening. JJ couldn't wait to tell John b all about everything, he wanted to tell all of his friends, however if Pope wasn't comfortable with that, he wouldn't say anything.

JJ would keep any secret just to keep Pope as a lover.

Even if it meant not telling his closest friends.

JJ had been sitting on the porch, a cold beer in his hand as he watched the small ripples of water in the marsh.
It had been fairly silent until a deep voice from behind him spoke.

"Hey JJ, you're up earlier than usual." John b laughed before grabbing a beer from the cooler and sitting down next to his friend.

"Well I had to take a piss and just couldn't get back to sleep after." Remarked JJ.

"Lovely." John b rolled his eyes, it was to early for JJ talk sometimes.

After a minute of silence between the two John b asked JJ a kind of intimidating question.
"How'd it go with you know who last night?" The brunette boy asked his friend in wonder.

"Honestly, I've never felt more safe with anyone before." Replied JJ.
John b had to admit he was a bit shocked at JJs response, considering JJ didn't really ever talk about his summer flings like that, hell he didn't even remember half of his former girlfriends names.

JJ seemed to think of Pope different, John b was happy about that.

"So when are you two gonna tell Sarah and Kie?"

Oh no the dreaded question, JJ didn't want to come out to any girls, what if they thought of him different? He wasn't gay and he knew that, but he did like a boy. Which was gay.

"Am I gay?" JJ whispered to John b, sort of embarrassed about what he was asking his best friend, like John b can even determine his sexuality.

"JJ I can't decide that for you. But I can help you." Replied John b, in a calm tone trying not to make JJ feel uncomfortable.

"Ok then, help me broski."

John b laughed at his friends sarcastic remarks.

John b thought hard trying to think of good boy advice to give JJ, but that was quite hard considering John b wasn't gay.

"Um well, do you like Pope in a romantic way that feels like more than just another one of your dumb summer flings?" Asked John b, although it sounded more like a lecture than a question.

JJ scoffed but still though hard about what John b had just said to him.

"Yeah I think I do, but I still like girls. I'm so confused dude, help me!" JJ practically begged the boy sitting beside him on the porch.

"Dude chill the fuck out, it's early you're gonna wake everyone up."

"Sorry. But seriously help me."

JJ almost looked panicked, John b put a reassuring hand on his friends shoulder.

"You're probably bisexual JJ." Stated John b as he smiled at his friend.

"Yeah I guess you're right." JJ replied as he took another sip of his beer.
"You're a good friend JB." JJ smiled.
"You're not to bad yourself Maybank." The brunette replied with a slight laugh.

"I think I'm ready to tell Sarah and Kiara tomorrow."

"Finally, we're all gonna love you and Pope the same dude. We're family." Reassured John b.

"Thanks man, I couldn't ask for a better family."

John b punched JJ in the shoulder in an oddly loving way as he stood up and walked back inside.

"Come inside and get some more beer with me JJ."

As the blonde stood up to make his way inside he had time to think about how he had felt this way for Pope since the 5th grade, but never had the confidence in himself to admit it.

"I like boys." He mumbled to himself with a grin.

JJ felt happy, he was proud of how far he'd come.

He hoped things would never change between him and Pope, he loved Pope.

"Hey JJ hurry up!" John b yelled from the kitchen.

"Oh, be right there!" JJ exclaimed, not realizing how much he had zoned off thinking about Pope.

Woah, he was in deep.

However, he truly wasn't mad about it.

A/N ~ hi babes hope you like this update.

interesting few chapters coming up soon...

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼