Picking sides

JJ had been avoiding the pogues all day, considering things were getting tense between the five friends after what had happened between JJ and Pope. They had all been avoiding each other and doing their own things, JJ didn't mind considering he harshly needed some alone time from all the stress.

JJ was laying down on the old wooden dock, sipping a cold beer per usual.

Kiara had been at her house painting all day, thinking about her and JJs bond lately.

Pope was helping his dad deliver groceries to the kooks, giving Topper and Rafe the finger as he walked by the two.

John b was fishing in the marsh as he listened to Johnny cash playing from his busted up speaker.

Sarah was tanning on the beach as she sipped a mango white claw and read her favorite magazine about the latest fashion trends.

The alone time was refreshing for all the pogues, especially the reckless blonde named JJ.
The boy hadn't gotten a minute alone in what felt like forever, he looked up at the light blue sky and felt the hot warmth of the sun on his skin as he sat up to go find one of his friends, the alone time had started giving him too much time to think and JJ didn't want to think right now, all the wanted to do was get drunk and hang out with his friends like they used to, before everything happened.

JJ thought which of his friends he should spend the time with, carefully considering each one and if they could distract him enough for his terrible thoughts to go away, at least momentarily go away.

Maybe he could spend some time fishing with John b? No, John b would just ask questions about the status of him and Pope.

He could watch Kie paint for a while? No, it would just turn into another unwanted make out session.

Perhaps he should go read some of Sarahs boring magazines with her on the beach, it was a nice day after all. No, he had been in the sun long enough and couldn't read very well anyway.

His thoughts quickly went to Pope, however that was out of question.

After finding some excuse not to hangout with any of the pogues the blonde boy made the decision to hangout with the last decent person he could think of, the younger sister of Sarah.

- 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱

"Hey wheeze, mind if I hang for a while?"

"Hey JJ, come right in!"

The younger Cameron led the boy up the staircase to her bedroom, grabbing a bag of Doritos and throwing them at JJ.
"You look like you haven't eaten in days." She explained to the boy. "Thanks." He replied as he tore the bag open.

"So anyways, why aren't you with my sister and your other friends?" The girl questioned JJ.

"Why aren't you with your girlfriend?" The boy asked instead of answering her question.
"Fair enough, let's talk about something else." Wheezie responded. "I heard Ward took away your brothers precious allowance, that true?"
"Yeah, he blew it all on something I wasn't allowed to know about." The girl rolled her eyes, tired of not being told anything in the family.
"He had it coming." JJ mumbled just enough for Wheezie to hear, giving a silent head nod in return.

"Sarahs been missing the company of you and your friends, not even John b has been around for her much." The younger girl admitted to JJ, getting up to open a window.

When JJ didn't reply the girl decided to make a suggestion. "You should go talk to my sister, get your group back together, throwing away a friend group like that is simply insane JJ." That caught the boys attention, he missed his friends and deep down he even missed Pope, he knew Wheezie was right, she always was.

"You're right Wheeze, thanks." JJ half smiled as he climbed out her window, not wanting to be spotted by any other kooks.

- 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱

Sarah sat on the beach as she spotted a familiar face walking towards her. "JJ, over here!" The girl practically jumped up, running up to the boy.
"Hey Sarah, haven't seen you in a minute." JJ hugged the blonde girl, waking back to her beach towel with her.

Before JJ even got a chance to bring up the distance of the pogues lately, Sarah did.

"I'm on your side by the way JJ." The girl smiled.
"What?" JJ was confused considering the lack of context Sarah had given him.
"Oh I meant with you and Pope, I'm on your side." JJs eyes started to tear up at the mention of Pope, he turned his head away as he tried to hold back any tears.

"It's not your fault Maybank." The girl rubbed JJs back, making it impossible for the boy to hold his tears in, still keeping his head turned away from Sarah.

He had hoped Sarah hadn't noticed the crying, however Sarah noticed everything.
"Come here." Sarah whispered as she pulled JJ into a hug, rubbing up and down his back.

The boy couldn't help but cry as he leaned his head on the girls shoulder, quietly sobbing.
"It's okay, it's all gonna work out." She whispered in his ear, continuing to rub his back.

After a few minutes of letting out the feelings the boy had been holding in for the past five days, he finally pulled away from the hug, wiping his red eyes with the back of his hand.

"Thank you Sarah Cameron." JJ thanked the girl before letting her know he was going to do what he had been avoiding for days, JJ had to talk to Pope.

He couldn't keep avoiding him, he couldn't avoid his problems forever or he would eventually drive himself completely insane with no company and no one to love.

JJ had to fix things on his own this time.

A/N~ heyy lovesss! some JJ & Pope content is coming next chapter 🤭🤭 love u guys & thank you sm for 4.25K reads & 100 votes !!! That's absolutely insane :) <3

MWAHHH🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼