The truth comes out

The pogues arrived back at John bs house after the party, all still quite frustrated about what had happened earlier that night.

JJ stormed outside, sitting on the dock as he punched his knee in anger.
Kiara took John b into the bathroom to clean up his cuts while Sarah got him dry clothes.

Pope was left alone sitting on the couch, he felt bad about how he had lashed out on JJ, he should have been easier on him.
'I should go apologize to him.' He thought to himself, hesitantly Pope made his way over to the dock JJ was sitting on.

"Hey" Pope began.
But JJ didn't reply, instead he just took a deep breath and dropped his head low.
JJ had tears in his eyes as he turned away from Pope, hiding his face.

"JJ." Pope whispered in a low tone, " you can talk to me."
After JJ still didn't reply Pope decided it was time to apologize.
"Look man, I'm sorry for lashing out on you earlier, I shouldn't have been so harsh. You were just trying to protect us."

"No Pope, you were right." JJ finally replied, his voice shaky. "You were so right."

"What do you mean JJ?" Pope said, concerned.

"I am obnoxious, I can't ever fucking keep my mouth shut. I'm just like my damn father!" JJ sobbed, finally looking at Pope.

"JJ, you're nothing like him!" Pope argued.
"You're the most kind hearted, loyal person I've ever fucking met!"

"No.." JJ cried quietly.
"You don't mean that Pope."

"Yes I do JJ!"
"I'll prove it!" Pope yelled.

Before JJ could even question what Pope meant, Pope pressed his lips to JJs, putting a hand on his friends cheek, gently pulling him closer.

And to Popes surprise, JJ kissed him back.

'Woah, Did I just kiss JJ Maybank?!' Pope thought to himself before slowly pulling away, keeping his hand on JJs cheek.

"Woah." JJ said, shocked from what had just happened between him and Pope.

"I'm so sorry." Pope murmured, embarrassed.
"Sorry for what?" JJ questioned him.
"For kissing you? That was so wrong of me."

"Maybe I didn't mind it so much." JJ whispered under his breath. However Pope still heard.
Pope started to cry, only because he was confused with himself and what had just happened.
"Hey it's okay, don't cry." JJ reassured the boy sitting in-front of him.
"Do you like me?" JJ hesitantly asked his friend.

"I have to go." Pope replied as he quickly walked off.

'What the hell just happened?' JJ thought.

Authors note! ~ ok woah!! That was so fun to wright!
Poor Pope though :((

Hope you guys liked this chapter 💗

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼