Quiet nights

"Morning boys!" Kiara said as she climbed off the couch she had been laying on with Sarah. "Morning Kie" Pope said, his voice scratchy from sleeping, JJ was still in the bathroom fixing his hair like every morning.

John b was sat in a red chair on the porch looking at old pictures of him and his father, John b really missed his dad lately.
Pope noticed John b sitting alone and slowly walked over to see if he wanted any breakfast.
"You hungry man?" Pope asked his friend.
"Not really." John b replied, sounding tired from the lack of sleep last night.

"Hey, you okay bro?" Pope asked, noticing the sad tone in John bs voice.
"Yeah man, I just miss him."
"I know you do man, I'm so sorry."
Pope felt bad for John b, not knowing what happened to his father must hurt.

"Hey, how about we make some food and go eat by the dock!" Pope exclaimed, hoping to cheer his friend up, to Popes surprise John b smiled and agreed it sounded like a fun idea.
As John b went inside to get the others he realized Sarah was still sleeping, it made sense though, she was always the last one to wake up.

Once the pogues were all up and ready, Pope grabbed the food and they headed down to the dock, smiles on their faces.

"These are some good looking pancakes!" Pope laughed, "not as good looking as you." JJ replied, the pogues laughed at JJs comment to Pope.
However Pope just smiled at his friend for awhile, trying not to think to much about what JJ had just said so casually.

'He was probably just joking around.' Pope thought.

Awhile later, after the food was gone and the sun had fully come out, Sarah suggested the pogues should watch a movie since it was supposed to rain later in the day. "I love movies!" John b replied, "how about a scary movie?" Said Kiara.
"We can watch the conjuring!!" Pope told them.
"Yes I love that movie!" Agreed JJ.

As they all sat down to put on the movie, John b grabbed two blankets since it was getting cold.
"Thanks babe." Said Sarah as he tossed a blanket towards her, giving the other one to Pope and JJ.

JJ watched as Kiara, Sarah and John b all cuddled up with each other, leaving him and Pope alone on the other couch.
Pope was sat on one end, JJ on the other.

The movie started and the pogues all laughed as Sarah screamed at a jump scare, "Not funny guys!!" She exclaimed.

Pope admired JJ as he intently watched the movie, 'I wonder if JJ would mine if I got closer to him?' Pope thought to himself.
Without a second thought Pope sat directly next to the blonde boy, shooting him a quick smile.
"Oh hey there!" JJ laughed, wrapping his arm around Pope and shaking him in a playful manner.
Pope laughed.

As time passed Pope started to fall asleep, JJ noticed and pulled him closer as he covered him up with a blanket so he wouldn't get cold, JJ loved his best friend with all of his heart.
Pope leaned into JJs chest as he slept peacefully next to his best friend.

John b noticed his two friends cuddling and smiled at them.
"They'd make a cute couple!" Kiara whispered to Sarah and John b, her friends laughed at the joke as they continued to watch the movie.

Soon enough they were all asleep as the movie continued to play and the rain quietly tapped the window from outside.

Authors note!! ~ hope you guys liked the little bit of chemistry between JJ and pope in this chapter! :) just wait until chapter 3...

Love you guys !! <3

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼