ix. the overlooked

Start from the beginning

"Julia..." Asher mumbles as she stares at her.

Jennifer looks at Derek before attempting to make a run for it. Derek grabs her by the throat before she could make it too far. He pushes her back and she groans.

"Derek, wait, wait!" She pleads.

Derek ignores her and flicks her claws out. He grips her throat tighter.

"You need me." She gasps.

"What are you?" He growls.

She gasps loudly. "The only person that can save your sister. Call Peter. Call him!"

"It's not good. She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood along with one other alarming substance." Peter says after Derek indeed calls him.

"Mistletoe." Derek finishes for him.

"How did you know that?" Peter asked.

Derek didn't answer, just hung up with a glare directed at Jennifer. He tightened his grip, making the woman gasp again.

"Derek. Derek, what are you doing?" Scott stepped a little closer.

"Her life, it's in my hands." Jennifer breathed out.

Derek lifts her off the ground, keeping the hold on her throat tight. Jennifer groans as she tries to writhe herself from his grip.

"Stop. Derek, stop!" Stiles came forward with his hand out.

"Stilinski, you'll never find him." Jennifer looked at Stiles.

Asher looked at Stiles, seeing the tears in his eyes, then back Derek. She groaned before walking up to the two and grabbing Derek's wrist. She squeezes down, breaking it. Derek winces and lets the woman go. As Jennifer hits the ground, Asher sends a kick to her stomach.

"That's for stabbing me, you troll." Asher glares at her, stepping back.

Derek glares at her as his wrist heals. Asher shrugs, not bothered at all. Then Jennifer looks up at the two with a smirk.

"That's right. You need me." Then she looks towards Scott and Stiles. "All of you."

--------------------

After a few minutes, they all made their way to their cars. Derek and Jennifer in his, Scott and Stiles in the jeep and Asher in hers behind them. She refused to leave her car anywhere again ever since she had to walk to Deaton's after Kali hurt her.

"You should know I'm not doing this because I have to." Jennifer looks at Derek. "I want to. I could still run, and you wouldn't have an easy time stopping me. But I don't want your sister to die. I'm only doing what I had to do."

"Shut up." Derek says bluntly.

"You need to hear the whole story, Derek. You need to know just how connected we really are." She urges.

"Stop talking." He says.

Jennifer glances down before turning back to look out the window.

"I don't know, something feels wrong about this." Stiles says from the jeep. "You know, we proved it to Derek, but she still had this look like it didn't matter. You know, like it was all still going according to plan." He turned to Scott for a second. "You saw it, didn't you?"

Scott looks down with his brows furrowed.

From her car, Asher dials someone on her phone.