He fisted his cigarette out and dragged a couple of puffs. He opened the window, leaned on its rim, and inhaled a deep breath pumping the nicotine all over. His eyes narrowed into slits and set on the entrance to those row houses set like train cars.

A ding in his phone interrupted his insane thoughts. He swiped the screen and answered, "hello, Cole," he nestled the cigarette between his lips and dragged another breath of toxicity inside.

"I heard Liam Hart is coming back home," this made Zyler's ears perk up. Liam Hart is a senator. The man is known to be a monster than Zyler in the underworld. His family comes from a long line of those power-hungry wolves who would do anything for domination. While Zyler is famous for his businesses, Liam took another route and became a senator.

"Why now?" Zyler closed his eyes, imagining the many ways he could kill Liam.

"His dad is about to die," Cole smirked.

"You mean his dad is about to be killed at the hands of his own son," Zyler knew what kind of a bastard Liam was. After all, he had been hunting this man for almost a decade.

"Do we want to try and successfully kill Liam this time?" Cole chuckled. He knew how much this man wanted to take revenge on Liam.

The senator rarely steps into the States. He is supposed to live where he says he lives, but he doesn't. He created papers to prove he lives where he says he does, and that was about it. He changes locations daily, so nobody knows where he lives anymore.

"No, we need to take him down politically and kill him. Let this slide for now. I will come home and decide what to do with it," Zyler was about to say something, but his eyes caught a figure walking toward him with a puppy in her backpack.

"I will call you. I have to go," he pressed the red button and threw the phone in the passenger seat.

Her light feet touched the ground, and the brown paper bags covered her face. Zyler opened his glove compartment and grabbed his gun. He cocked it, ready to fire that bitch into that girl's head.

But something stopped him. He noticed that she twisted her neck and rubbed her cheeks with the puppy's, and Zyler was disgusted, covering his mouth. Who knows where that snout had been? How in the world do people kiss a sloppy animal?

Her long dark locks blew in the wind, the gentle breeze touching her ever so lightly. He wanted to go over there and bury his face in those free-flowing strands. He imagined what she would smell like. His is what she would smell like when he is done with her.

He couldn't tell whether those strands were black or brown. The evening sun cast a hue that changed colors as her strands curled and flew as free as autumn leaves playing in the mid-summer night.

Then he heard a soft laugh in the most seductive voice he had ever heard. She was giggling like the finest cathedral choir on a Sunday mass. It calmed his nerves, the perfect sound, a soul-touching symphony. His headache dissipated in a minute. That laugh tickled his brain perfectly. The voice oozed happiness, vivacity, life, warmth, and innocence. All of the things that he is not. She felt like a magnet, inching him to her closer and closer by the minute. Like the moon's pull on the ocean water or the force of the earth toward the sun. It was intense like his soul was tethered to her, like he couldn't separate it even if he wanted to.

He wanted to see more, see what her face, lips, and the rest of her body looked like, but those damn paper bags wouldn't leave her hands. While he was lost in his thoughts, she reached home. Skillfully, she moved the paper bag to her left hand and fisted her keys, unlocking the gate. She set the paper bags down on the table. She unzipped her bag and picked the puppy up.