Chapter 8

"If you had said all the things you need to, I shall go now. I'm quite busy."

He was annoyed to keep looking at her hands. Now that I have achieved my goal, I came to think that I could leave my seat.

"..."

Verndia did not answer her. He watched her from afar as she was busy organizing her clothes.

Up until now, I still thought that she, who told me to write about our contract, was just something so that I could give her attention. Despite of being smart, I doubt if she have any knowledge of the monsters, when she grew up so well; like a princess.

He thought that she would bother him if he dare to reject her offer, and even if it was just a lie, he had nothing to lose anyway, so he decided to follow her words in a way worth for him.

But from the moment I saw her scarred hand, which implied signs of holding a sword...

'Wasn't it a lie?'

The thought that her words of using a sword might be true, lifted his head unconsciously.

"Duke?"

Her dry voice disturbed his thoughts.

"Sure."

He agreed on what she said, bowing to take a serious look of the signed document on the table.

Standing behind him, Isolet, his aide, stepped aside to make path for the lord to leave.

It was then.

"Princess, Duke Verndia!"

With the sound of, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

The sound of footsteps has come closer to them.

Verndia, who was getting up, looked at where the voice was coming from with a faltering look. Psychke halted pulling out her chair when she heard such yell.

The owner of the roar was Lillian. She was dressed in a new boutique, gorgeous outfit.

Yzhar and Lenox, who seemed unpleased of the thought of walking behind her, still quietly followed Lillian, who was running with her reddened face.

"Ah, how unfortunate tsk."

Verndia was terrified of meeting the real Princess and swear, whom he hated to see.

Lillian, who did not hear him, raised her skirt slightly and greeted him gracefully. Afterwards, she took the seat next to him and sat down.

(TN: OH come on! Stahpp it!)

"..."

Verndia hated it to the core. In the meantime, Lillian complained to Psychke, meant for the Duke.

"You're bad! You said you had something urgent to do. But it was actually a secret meeting with the Duke! Next time you go, take me too!"

(TN: I don't know why I got tired of Lillian even though it was just eight chapters...)

She said that it was urgent, but Lillian thought that it was a cover up just to see Verndia secretly.

But even before Psychke could point out,

Lillian, who leaned toward Verndia, made a cute voice.

"Nice to meet you, Duke."

A storm has come to them.

So distracted, Psychke looked at the other side in a dazed mood.

Lillian was smart. Psychke wasn't acting like a she had no manners, but Lillian was different.