Chapter 7

"Du, Duke!"

Hilvia was frustrated when she saw Verndia approaching them, and stuttered. It was well known in the Capital that Duke Verndia, was like a crazy dog in the north, who despise backtalk the most.

She made a hasty excuse.

"We, well I'm not saying it because it-it's a bad rumor... but... I was just saying that the Duke is soon to be engaged with Princess Lillian."

"Do you think it's real?"

An indifferent Miss intervened between them. Even after knowing what was Verndia's personality was, her curiosity still suppressed fear.

"Why do you ask that? Isn't that obvious?"

The Miss, who was next to Hilvia, asked her and poked her on her shoulder.

"... Are you so curious about that?"

Verndia's smile grew dangerously big.

It looked the same as a beast in a battle. No one can deny that even if he was scary, his handsomeness was on another level that it shone brightly.

The young ladies, who blushed with their own emotions, lowered their eyes.

As a result, only Psychke saw Verndia's assistant face whitened like flour.

The Duke's gaze finally reached Psychke.

She dryly replied like a wind of sand blowing into the insensitive wall of courtesy, without averting her eyes.

"Yes, I'm curious."

She could feel the utter surprise from the ladies from her boldness, staring at the two, holding their breaths. But she looked at him without caring about the ladies.

Half a year later, after she died in her last life while drinking the poison given to her every morning, Verndia didn't get engaged with Lillian.

Although she had never seen the two together in person, she was told that whenever he met Lillian, everyone who saw him was so shy about it.

Nevertheless, I was curious because there might be an unexpected thing that would happen if he change his decision.

If Verndia was engaged to Lillian, she does not have to bother finding a way to deal with the northern monsters.

She can leave her family right away. His sharp eyes and her empty eyes were intertwined in the air.

Verndia looked at her with an inexplicable face that he didn't know what she was thinking.

Then, at some point, he smiled.

"That would be in no way possible."

After saying something negative,

"You are my only fiancée, and not Princess Lillian."

Like real lovers, he affectionately put some strands of her silver hair behind her ears that came down to the side of her face.

Long fingers with calluses crossed her ears. Verndia's body temperature was higher than that of others, so she felt like hot as if she had touched a fire.

"No way!"

"Then was that a lie?"

Words that were close to screaming burst out. However, her eyebrows drooped slightly downward.

I was disappointed. Whenever he was with her, he always treats her like his real lover.

Therefore, his behavior or tone was something not new to her. Even so, it was just painful that her expectation of breaking their engagement early, would be delayed.