Chapter 6

I barely endured the cold sweat creeping me all night. And it was already morning.

Psychke struggled to open her eyes. There was a cold tea cup and a letter on the desk.

"...."

Blue eyes read the contents of the letter. An expressionless face was gently reflected on the brown surface of the tea.

After looking at the letter for a long time, she did not drink the tea and abandoned it near a vase on the desk.

Although her headache was severe from the teas, I no longer wanted to receive something from this family at no cost. It was still awful.

Then she picked up the letter. The royal seal with a golden lion painted against the background of the shield was removed and the inside was examined.

On the inside page, it was written that all the nobles of the empire were invited to the second prince's, the son of the Emperor, coming-of-age ceremony banquet to be held in a few months.

'I couldn't go there before.'

That was because a certain someone tore her dress apart the day before the banquet.

Psychke was speculating that it might had been done by an employee who kept her eyes on her closely, who couldn't let go of her even though the real princess appeared.

Yzhar who greatly values the prestige and reputation of the family, was not a man who wouldn't her to be absent by violating the order of the Emperor.

Lenox was a human being who would rather break an armor with his arms and legs, rather than do the hassle of tearing off a dress.

'Neither did I thought that it was Lillian. If that was the case, then the fake Princess will shine even more than the real one.'

Nevertheless, Psychke was not going to attend the banquet again this time.

In social circles, there were several people who felt an indescribable joy by staining a princess who was in a high position but was not recognized by her family.

It was more reasonable and profitable to do the work she promised to the Duke of Verndia, than to be insulted by those people.

But her family didn't seem to think so.

"Where are you going?"

I was about to leave the room in my outdoor clothes when I heard a voice.

Psyche ran into Yzhar, who was also ready to go out.

Behind him were Lillian and Melissa in the same outfit. Apparently, Melissa seemed to have established herself as Lillian's exclusive maid.

"I have a place to go to."

As long as she did not harm the prestige of the family, Yzhar would not care what she does at all.

They just attached guards in their carriage disguised as escorts to prevent accidents from happening.

So I thought that this would be the same as what had occurred before.

"Didn't you hear it from the butler?"

Yzhar, who crumpled his forehead, expressed his displeasure. His black eyes shook with annoyance.

Obviously, the butler would have only said what he had to say while I was sleeping. So I answered back calmly.

"I didn't hear it."

"That's strange. The butler told you for sure."

"May I know what it is about?"