Chapter 1

I was hoping that you would recognize me one day.

That way, I can stand by your side.

I endlessly and tirelessly hoped.

But what does reality look like actually?

"Psychke Silkisia. No, Psychke."

In the 18th year of maintaining the castle, which had been struggling to do so, somehow fell sharply.

It was something I was so afraid of, but I didn't feel anything. Was it because I am facing something more terrifying than that?

Psychke, who was on her knees with her head bowed, raised her face slowly.

Then, she faced a face cold as ice, that was also looking down on her.

"I know your fault."

Once her Foster Father, but now a figure who determines her death.

He was saying something.

Although, no words came into Psychke's white ears.

It was a strange work.

"I won't talk long. You should be thankful that this is the end of it, considering the past."

Until now? Was there something like that?

Accidents that had been standing still, went down slowly. She slowly lowered her eyes and looked down at what was in front of her.

Light green poison.

Extreme poison that can end one's life even after swallowing one drop of it.

"Father, this is too much. Please show mercy to me."

The woman next to her Foster father whined cutely. Psychke looked up at her blankly.

Her silver hair that curls down to her waist. Blue eyes that seemed to contain the cool autumn sky.

If there's anything different from her, it's the milder and naïve impression.

Other than that, they have the same age and gender. But, just exactly why is she standing in such a different position?

What was the difference?

"Lillian, she is overreacting. Didn't you almost died?"

"Yes, that's correct! That girl deserves to die!"

The older brother and younger brother, who were next to Lillian, teased her. At that very moment, something appeared on Psychke's expressionless face.

It was a scornful smile.

She lived behind their shadows for over a decade. Even though she was just a substitute for a lost daughter.

Thank you for accepting me even though I was referred as a fake princess.

With a heart to help the family, even with her low capability.

I tried and tried every single day.

Then I foolishly thought that I would be recognized. I shamelessly thought that I would be able to stand beside them one day.

However...

"I didn't do it."

She clenched her teeth and recited the truth that no one wanted to listen.

"I swear to heaven, I really don't know anything."

She expressed her resentment even though no one would listen to her.

"Ask the maids. I'm really—"

"But this is still!"