35-"I-... What?"

Well, that was until I heard a sound come from the screen!

Startled, my phone drops out of my hand and stumbles to the ground. "What the fuck was that, why'd it make a noise Charlotte!? Get it away from me, please." I desperately ask, pushing at the wand she still has in her hands. She had gotten just under the ribs, moving it around before I heard the sound. What's there that could make a sound? Maybe my stomach rumbled? Yeah, that's what it was.

Charlotte is quick to pull it away from my stomach, laying it on top of a paper towel before turning to me, and laying her latex-covered hands on my shoulders. "Hey hey, You're okay. It's okay." She rubs soothingly at my shoulders, helping me take deep breaths. I see as she tries not to laugh, me looking at her confused and scared. "Matthew... I'm pretty sure it was only a rumble of your heartbeat, the wand was pushed up and towards your organs under your ribs. I can look again if you want me to but you have to let me use the wand." She softly smiles, a light laugh coming out of her mouth.

My face reddens, It was my heartbeat? Goddess, I feel like an idiot. "Sorry, okay," I mumble, bending just enough to pick my phone up and place it at my side, laying an arm over my eyes. I hear her shuffle a little before popping the gel cap open once more, soon feeling the gel and wand held to the spot it was before. I uncover my eyes, looking at her as she stares at the screen.

"Annnd, there you go, just your heartbeat yeah?" She smiles reassuringly at me before turning back to the screen. The sounds in the room are, 'Thump Thump... Thump Thump'. I nod my head up and down, okay. Just my heartbeat, at least it's not an organ bursting. She slowly starts to move it around more, moving further down to check everything out.

That's when I hear it again, "Ch-Charlotte... My heart's not down there, what the hell is that noise!?" I ask her, this time not moving the wand, her face only spreads into a big smile.

"Matthew... That is a heartbeat and it is indeed not yours," She gently says, my eyes immediately growing wide and tears so close to falling.

"I-... What!? Is that what I think it means?"

"Matthew, you're pregnant," Sobs fall out my mouth, my heart doing backflips, though it feels like my stomach dropped. I'm so excited and happy right now but what if they think it's too soon for kids? "A-are you okay?" I nod my head up and down then side to side. Shit.

"I'm okay, uh, how far along am I?" She lightly smiles before looking back at the monitor, examining it closely.

"Well, from the looks of it, you're 7 1/2 weeks. Have you not shown any symptoms of being pregnant?" She asks, the concern being heard in her voice and seen in her face. "It's uncommon but it's possible you could just not be showing symptoms."

"Not really, no, I'm emotional but that's normal for me. I, um, I started to eat a little more than I usually do but that's it I think. I have the instinct to cover my uterus when I'm in danger, I did that when Micheal striked me yesterday." Just then it dawns on me, "Is the baby okay, are they going to be okay? Micheal kicked me in the stomach. Is the baby okay?" I frantically ask, looking between her and the turned screen.

"Hey hey, calm down, it's okay. The babies are completely fine from as far as I can see. The kick didn't hit them, they're okay." That causes me to sigh in relief. Ignoring the gel, I gently push the wand away and I lay my hand on my stomach just over my uterus, while the other goes to my face to cover it. I lay like that for a moment, taking deep breaths. 'In... and out, in... and out.' I repeat a couple of times before taking my hand off my face, and my mouth dropped.

"Babies?" She looks over at me, nodding her head, "Twins?"

"Ehh, more like 5," She says smiling, coming close with the wand again, "congratulations Matty!" She then starts to place the wand by my hand, my hand scooting out of the way as she turns the screen to me. Pointing one by one, she counts them, "Baby 1, 2, 3 is right there, 4, and 5 is hidden behind 2 righttt... There!"