7-Trusting Them

Mattew's POV

Estella and I play for a little while and we almost immediately go from princess dolls to making a big fort made of her blankets and pillows in her room. Though once it's finished, she happily jumps up and down and squeals, "I live ina castle!"

I only smile at her, sitting on my knees next to where she stands. "Yes you do princess, a princess castle just a beautiful little princess," I coo at her, she's so adorable! I love that something so simple has made her so happy, and me having slipped into my space, the idea of playing had me smiling at her and giddy as well.

"And a princess castle for the knight that will save the princess from the bad guys," she comments, my smile widening. I feel my face brighten at that, then it turns as red as a tomato as I freeze at hearing D- I mean Ashton's voice behind us.

"and who are the bad guys' sweetheart?" That's when I look up and see not only Ashton but Andrew as well, standing behind us. I immediately zone out, pushing myself out of headspace as face as possible, sighing in relief when I succeed.

"You guys are the bad guys, I hear that you don't play with this cutie anymore, how could you not!?" I exclaim, sassily placing my hand on my hip while looking up at both of them. "For whatever reason it is, it stops now! I'm going to force you to play with me and this princess." I then pause for a second, letting myself think about what would make them play, "or no cuddles or kisses for a whole week," I threaten.

I move to stand up off the ground, pulling Estella onto my hip when I'm steady. Estella is now changed into one of her many Disney princess dresses, wearing an Elsa dress with her frozen-themed pj bottoms sticking out from the bottom, I had also braided her hair the best I could. She has her hand sassily placed on her hip now, looking pointedly at the twins.

For some reason, they both look at me with surprised and slightly confused expressions on their faces. That makes me giggle, Estella joining in too as we wait for their response. Though, I know they'll agree just so they can kiss and cuddle me, they seem to be clingy like I observed. And as I thought, they agree.

"Fineee, we'll play just for the princess and our prince," Andrew says softly, looking me in the eyes as I start to blush. I then feel a soft but low purr flowy make its way up my throat making me look away from him to hide my face the best I can. Looking the opposite way of them is me looking at Estella, who immediately causes me to burst into a fit of giggles as I watch her glare at Andrew.

I look back at the twins, becoming amused with seeing the twins' faces in a confused and scared state, "you know not to call me princess," she practically growls. Damn, that even makes me gulp, for a four-year-old she's pretty scary. Thankfully I'm not on her bad side and don't plan on getting on it anytime soon.

"But you let out prince call you princess," Ashton whimpers, both of them now pouting.

"And he's the only one allowed to," she says smirking at them making me smile. I look at the twins, practically feeling the sparkles in my eyes as they look at me and gain huge smiles on their faces too.

As the twins come closer to us, I struggle to hold back a purr. When I finally push it down I feel myself start to slip back into my headspace, though I try not to go too deep. I spin Estella around and place a kiss on her forehead. "I must protect the princess," I gasp as I dart into our fort, gently pushing her so she's behind me as she giggles like no tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We play for a little while then the twins start to whine, saying how we should stop playing not so I don't argue, at least they played. El whines, she definitely doesn't want to stop playing so I comfort her by lightly bouncing her on my hip as we carefully make our way down the stairs.