[One-Shot: Tenya Iida] It's Okay, Y/N

Requested: KingCrate

Pairing: Trans Male Reader

Warning: Insecurities (Still Fluff)

Words: 644

Note: Let me know if something comes off rude/wrong!

---

Midoriya had invited everyone to join him at a pool, a small party for his friends of 1-A. He'd given the notice to lida, telling him that him and you were welcomed to join. Iida wasn't sure if you'd be comfortable to go, or liking of the idea to show bare skin. He saw the conflicted stares you'd give yourself from your surgery scars. He never confronted you about it, he didn't want to seem intruding. But it sadden him seeing you look at yourself with distaste  and insecurity.

You hesitated to accept the invitation, knowing whatever answer you gave your boyfriend, he would support it. If you said no, he would spend the day with you in the dorms. If you say yes, he would go shopping with you--help you pick out a new swim suit for the occasion. In a moment of truth, you accepted Midoriya's party invitation, and Iida smile stayed the same, just happy to enjoy the day with you. He's always been understanding, even when you asked for period items. Never did he question.

The party was later in the day, Midoriya informed everyone the day before, Iida waited the next day to come and ask you, seeing that you were busy with work.

"While we wait, would you like to go shopping?" He asked. "I don't think the school swim suit uniforms would do?"

You glanced up at him, "If it's all right."

He have a thumbs up, "It's always all right, for you."

He didn't rush you, even if he secretly was keeping track of the time, feeling the anxious need of making sure time went by slowly. You went over to the men's section of the store, looking over trunks and other swim wear.

"What pattern you want?" He lifted up a blue one. "Or does that really matter?" He contuined. "Do, um, do you want a top as. . . As well?" You saw him glance at him, his lips straight.

"I. . . No, it's okay."

"All right. Well, pick whatever you want, I'll pay." He fixed his glasses, smiling.

You same across (whatever detail) trunks/other, liking it and it's (design).

It came near time to head over to the location, happily heading over, your trunks under your pants/shorts.

"Hi, Iida! Hi, Y/N!" Some shouted at you two when you entered through the gate.

"Hello." Iida responded.

"Hey, chill out would you?!" Kirishima shouted, covering his face from Kaminari jumping.

"What?"

Iida felt his eyebrow twitch, was it safe for a electric person to be in water? He shook his head, walking over to an area to see down bags with stuff.

"Ready?" He asked.

You gripped your t-shirt.

"Y/N?"

"Huh?" You went to take off your shirt, slipping off your pants/shorts right after. You held your arms in front of your chest, feeling uncomfortable.

"It's okay, Y/N." Iida held your hand, his fingers slipping through. "Don't be insecure about your scars, they shown how far you've come." He moved your arms. "And if you still feel uncomfortable, you can always wear a shirt--I packed a spare one." He kissed your cheek. "I'll help you along the way, I'll always be here." He smiled. "Let's have fun for a few hours, get cooled off from the heat."

You smiled, "Thank you, and of course."

He took your hand, guiding you into the pool.

"Hey, Y/N! Feel that cool water!" Kirishima stated.

You chuckled, shivering, "Heh, yeah!"

"No running!" Mina shouted, glancing at Sero.

"What?" He laughed.

You stood close to Iida, not glancing down once at your scars, nor did the thought cross as you got comfortable.

"I love you, Iida."

"I love you, too."