14

I don't know why I'm so nervous! It could be because I'm facing a new challenge and I'm unsure of the outcome.

I'm feeling nervous because I'm stepping into the unknown. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the situation, or how I'm going to react. I'm worried I won't be able to rise to the occasion, and I'm scared of failure.

That's right. I was starting school for the very first time. I was anxious about making new friends, fitting in, and learning the various materials that would be taught.

It was one of the reasons that I stayed up late, revising all of the subjects that I would be taught and the greetings that would be used. With a bit of help from Catherine, of course.

I wanted to ensure that I was well-prepared for my classes and that I could interact with my teachers and peers with confidence.

Since I already had my suitcase packed, all I had to do was wait for Marina to tell me to wake up. Then I would get dressed in my brand-new uniform.

My anticipation grew as I eagerly awaited the call from Marina, ready to take on the new school year with all the preparation I had done.

But what if I don't fit in? I know that there will be other boys and girls with the same colour of skin as me but what if even they don't like me?

"Princess Estelle, it's time to wake up," Marina called out, her voice sounding slightly sorrowful.

Of course, this would be the last time that she will be waking me up in the Palace since I will be staying in the dorms at Harriet Private School.

"Okay Marina," I responded, sounding upset myself as well.

I got up from my bed and slowly walked to my closet to pick out my uniform. I was filled with a mix of sadness and excitement as I thought about leaving the Palace and beginning my journey at school.

Quickly I put on my crisp white shirt, navy blue skirt, and black shoes. I completed my look with a bow and a matching navy blue blazer.

For a moment, I let out a sigh as I looked in the mirror. I was ready to start this new chapter in my life.

I left my room with my suitcase, looking at Marina for reassurance.

With a smile, she said, "You look amazing! You've got this." I smiled back, and with a newfound sense of confidence.

Marina took my suitcase as we walked through the corridor, leading me towards the exit of the Palace.

Walking through the corridors felt nostalgic, as I remembered the many times I had walked through the Palace before. I couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness as I realized it would be my last time.

When I arrived at the exit, I paused for a moment and looked back, taking in the memories and the beauty of the Palace one last time. I took a deep breath, said goodbye, and stepped out into the fresh air.

After all, I was leaving the only home I'd ever known.

Catherine was standing by the carriage, waiting for me. We were going to school together, and I was excited to start a new chapter in my life with her.

I smiled at her and waved. She smiled back and waved, too. What she was wearing accentuated her beauty and grace.

She also wore a white shirt, navy blue skirt, and black shoes, completing her look with a touch of sophistication.

"Are you ready?" Catherine asked me as the coachman took my luggage from Marina.

"Yes," I replied, feeling confident and now looking forward to the event.