4

Night had come and gone, and it was already morning. The sky was beginning to lighten up and the stars were fading away, replaced by the soft glow of the rising sun. Birds were singing in the trees, heralding a new day.

I took a shower, washed my face and brushed my teeth. I then put on my clothes and answered the door for Marina, who came to tell me that breakfast was starting.

Since it was Saturday, all of the Queen's grandchildren, including me, had to have breakfast with the Queen herself. To not feel lonely when their parents are away from the country.

As I walked stiffly across the corridor, I felt nervousness surround my entire body, causing me to feel uncomfortable.

I stopped in my tracks, feeling overwhelmed by the weight of my isolation and longing to have someone to talk to. I looked around, noticing the faces of others walking past me - but none of them were making eye contact, seemingly just as lost in their own worlds as I was too.

What if someone saw me and Prince Maxwell on the balcony and reported us to the Queen? I wonder if Timothy Hiz saw anything and misunderstood anything?

"Princess Estelle, you need to hurry up, we are already late," Marina reminded me.

"Okay, I'm sorry, let's hurry," I said gently, picking up the pace and following Marina.

Upon reaching one of the big rooms, it was apparent that everyone had already arrived from the sound emanating from the room.

I could hear the excited voices and laughter of the people inside, and it was clear that we had arrived late to the gathering. I felt a wave of embarrassment wash over me and wished that we had gotten there earlier.

Two knocks and there was 'come in' from the Queen with no talking in the background. I thanked Marina before opening the door and letting myself in.

Eyes were on me as soon as I stepped foot inside the room, observing my every move until I sat down on the only seat available. I glanced around the room, noting the Queen at the head of the table and the members of the court seated around it.

I sat in between Alexander and Catherine, who are usually the ones I sit beside for breakfast and don't make a fuss about me. I felt a sense of comfort being surrounded by familiar faces, and I was glad to be among them.

"Okay, since everyone is here, we can start eating," The Queen instructed all of us.

Pancakes, buttered bread, fried eggs along with a cup of tea were placed in front of me by a waiter.

It looked so delicious and I was starving ever since yesterday afternoon since we were not allowed to eat until the ballroom night.

"So did everyone enjoy the ball last night?" The Queen suddenly asked after taking her first bite of her food.

Above everything, why ask about the ball? As soon as it dawned on me that last night, the Prince had been with me, my mind was soon filled with memories.

"Well I had a good time with my friends," I heard Catherine say excitedly, telling what she did to entertain herself.

"I had been showing some of the guests the garden Miss, they loved the flowers," Amiera told the Queen.

Leonard sounded proud. "I found some boys to compete with me, and I never lost one match."

Charlotte simply mentioned that she was being a responsible older sister and was looking after her sister all through the night.

However, Charlotte's sister may have felt differently. She felt suffocated by Charlotte's presence and wished that she had been given the chance to fend for herself with her friends only.