Part Two

Cara wasn't sure what to think of seeing Douglas in such a disturbing scene. She was worried about Gumball and Darwin being exposed to it themselves; their mouths were agape and eyes enlarged in typical cartoon fashion, yet somehow neither seemed quite as terrified as she imagined. It was almost as if the boys had seen worse before. Regardless, Quaid was the man they needed to find – according to the video message.

            "C'mon," Cara urged them.

            "Hold up!" Gumball protested. "You want to go to the guy who just annihilated four dudes with his bare hands?!"

            "We need Quaid to help us understand what happened to our memories!" Cara reminded him. "But you're welcome to stay here while I'll talk to him." She actually preferred it that way, for the boys' sakes.

            She was on her way towards Quaid before the world around her suddenly slowed down and then came to a complete stop. Only her and the Watterson boys were still moving in regular time...them and two individuals that appeared across from them. Both of them Cara recognized, just as they recognized her.

            One was a tall, skinny young man with short, dark curly hair, thin cupid's bow lips, high cheekbones, smooth complexion, and the deepest smoky green eyes. He also had a strong jawline, slightly angular chin, and eyebrows that were thick without being bushy, grown halfway into arches. He was a perfect clone of Andrew Garfield.

            As far as the incredibly attractive woman who accompanied him, she was slightly younger with a curvy, tanned athletic figure. Her hair was shoulder-length and hazel-colored, and it had a cute little bounce to it as she moved, like how it did as she approached Cara and the boys. She appeared to be of Castilian heritage from her genetic makeup. By celebrity comparison, Cara was often told how identical she was to the Spanish actress Ivana Baquero, but at the moment, she was an exact twin of the Cuban/Spanish actress Ana de Armas (particularly in the case of her alter-ego).

            "Who're those people?" Darwin inquired of the only other two people still moving at regular speed.

            "Al Squires and Norah Navarro of the Protectorate agency," Cara identified them with a hopeful smile. "Things will make a whole lot more sense now that they're on the scene."

            Al and Norah waved and smiled as they were just a few (subjective) feet from Cara and the boys. However, just as they got closer, that hopeful smile on Cara's face quickly fell upon disturbance. She recalled noticing a gun in the suitcase that was literally dropped off at her feet earlier. Reaching inside the case, she retrieved that gun and pointed it directly at Al and Norah.

            "Whoa!" Al exclaimed, as he and Norah were stopped in their tracks and forced to hold their hands up. "Is that any way to greet old/new friends?"

            "That depends," Cara told him. "Tell me something only the real Al Squires would say!"

            Al and Norah exchanged a flinching glance. "What?!"

            "It's been a weird day, dude," Gumball said. "Just say something."

            Al shrugged and said, "I feel out of my depth right now, having my story told in third-person perspective for once."

            Norah shook her head in annoyance.

            Cara, on the other hand, was satisfied enough to lower her weapon.

            "What? Just like that?" the baffled Gumball questioned. "All he said was a bunch of nonsense!"

            "And that's Al Squires in a nutshell," Cara winked.