He walked out, and the nurse locked the door. 

"My mom." I said quietly. 

"Your mom hasn't been here all week, honey." Said one of the nurses. 

"No." I said. "The lady is my mom." 

"Do you want us to let her in?" 

"NO." I shook my head violently. 

"Okay, okay. Calm down. We won't let her in." 

"Where's Ainsley?" 

"I'm not sure." 

"I hope she's okay." 

"Why wouldn't she be?" 

"Anger issues." I said. "And my mom." 

"Unfortunately we don't have control over what she does, so we can just hope she does nothing bad if that's what you're saying." 

"I hope." 

Then they started bombarding me with questions. 

"What's your name?" 

"Ashley Sanchez." 

"What year is it?" 

"2023." 

"Where are you?" 

"The hospital." 

"Do you know the city?" 

"Washington D.C." 

"Awesome. When's your birthday?" 

"March 16th." 

"Amazing. You've got nothing wrong, except a slight concussion it seems. That's all. You answered all of those questions correctly." 

"Yay." 

"I don't think you understand how luck you are, Ms. Sanchez." 

"Am I?" 

"You're one in a million for surviving a crash like that and having to get no surgeries. You only have burns, scratched and a broken wrist. It's an absolute miracle." 

"Will I ever play soccer again?" 

"If you want to." 

I smiled, and I so desperately wanted Ainsley to be here. But I'll tell her when she gets back. She'll be so happy to hear. 

"When?" I asked. 

"That's dependent on a few things. Your concussion, your broken wrist, and the degree of your burns." 

I nodded. 

"We might be able to move you onto another floor pretty soon. We are going to have the physician that is coming in tomorrow come see you. We can have your team trainers in soon as well." 

"Sounds good." I said. "Am I able to use my phone?" 

"Um, unfortunately, you don't have a phone." 

"What?" 

"It was almost destroyed in the crash." 

"Shit." I sighed. "I just need to see what's been said about me." 

"I'm not really sure what's been going around. I would ask your sister when she gets back." 

"I will." 

A nurse stayed to talk to me for a little while, and the others left the room. I waited some time for my sister, but she didn't come in. I got more and more worried by the minute.