𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Merry Christmas." I smile awkwardly, this is uncomfortable.

"Is it Jane and Diana?" I hear my aunt, Jane and my moms sister; Danielle. My grandma chose pretty common names for all of her kids, Jane, Danielle, Paige, Beck and Lola. Lola being the name of my mom. Danielle is in her mid thirties, Paige is early thirties, Beck is also early thirties and Jane is thirty five. My mom is thirty eight, she had me young.

Jane and Danielle both have my grandmas hair, chocolate brown hair. My mom and beck have my grandfathers hair, blonde and I suppose I do too. Paige has dirty blonde hair originally which she dyes black, well she did when I last saw her.

Danielle had three kids, Nova who I think is around the same age as me. Jonah who is sixteen, he posted a thousand pictures on instagram of his sixteenth and Joaquin who is nine.

Paige also has three kids, Brynn her oldest who's ten, Laya who is five then Blair who just turned two I believe.

Jane and beck have no kids, then my mom who just has me.

Danielle runs out from straight down the hall which has a big open door, leading to her living room. Danielle's rich, her house is huge. All white. She holds a wine glass, she has a light brown off the shoulder sweater which the front is tucked into her blue jeans.

"Oh my god! Diana, my love!" She walks quickly over as my grandma continues staring.

"Hi." I smile and she wraps me into a hug.

"You are the spitting image of your mother, my god." She pulls back and I hear Jane sigh as she comes back inside holding the bags of gifts. I laugh since I'm not sure what else to do.

"Danielle, I'm positively fucking sure that's the last person she wants to hear about. So shut up." I hear my aunt beck coming out, she wears a green button up with black jeans. Her sleeves are slid up though, she has a sleeve tattoo of flowers. I don't want to assume but I'm going to, she's not straight. That's rude but I'm just taking a guess.

✺ ✺ ✺

A while later and a lot of hugs later, I sit on the couch with Jonah and nova, Danielles kids who are both the only ones here around my age. I don't speak to them, but they are my cousins after all. Nova has dark brown hair, which is long a straight and she has really bright green eyes. They compliment her, she's pale like me. Jonah has the same hair but he has brown eyes, he doesn't look sixteen at all. He looks at least in his twenties.

It's awkward, really awkward. Probably since they haven't seen me since I was fourteen, I remember vaguely the last time I saw them. It was only a few weeks into living with Jane, Danielle was asking me about how I was and I wouldn't even look at her. I stared at the wall instead, I did the same to Nova when she tried to talk to me. I completely ignored her and kept to myself.

Diana
Save me

Charlie
Oh no the cooper family Christmas isn't going good?

Diana
No...It's awful Charlie honestly. They are all my family, I get that but I haven't talked to most of them since I was like fourteen and now they probably feel guilty knowing what my mom was doing at that time. I've been told at least five times I look like my mom. The last time most of these people saw me I wouldn't even look at them.