SIXTY | THE CROWNED VICTOR

How Amory Scout Finds Herself In The Eye of The Calloway Storm

By Tatiana Wheeler.

Heavy lies the head that wears the crown of the new Calloway Empire. At the helm of all the chaos, meet Amory Scout- America's newest princess, the world's most elusive socialite, and girlfriend to the world's most powerful man entangled in the murder of a scion. The best part of it all? She hasn't even graduated high school.

Despite not being a New York native, Amory Scout seems to know her best way around the city's best restaurants, bars and haunts.

"I love their spicy margaritas," she made sure to comment when she arrived at Blue Hill, a farm-to-table restaurant she recommended meeting at for our interview. She had assured me to not worry about making a reservation- she could get Orson Callyway, her high school sweetheart and homecoming king, to call in a favour with the maitre-d.

Amory Scout and Orson Calloway stand to be New York's latest obsession, the couple currently embroiled in the city's most shocking murder of the century: the death of real-estate mogul and patriarch of the world's most powerful family, Elijah Calloway. While the FBI launch their own investigation, Amory and Orson sit in the heart of the chaos due to the revelation of Elijah's will. A will that bequeaths Orson, Elijah's eighteen-year-old son, the inheritance of the mass Calloway fortune, a thousandth-year-old empire in the hands of a boy who hasn't even walked down the aisle with a cap and gown.

"Everything is just so crazy right now," Amory admitted. Amory, like Orson, is also a high-school student. However, she wasn't like your ordinary run-of-the-mill suburban teen at the heels of crossing a major milestone.

Amory attended Kensington, a private prep school in Manhattan, an institution almost as old as America. The school's wellness director, Ginny Fendell, called her the "queen of compartmentalization." Her grades were decent, she served in the homecoming committee and played varsity hockey while being a fixture of the New York teen club scene and was regularly spotted on popular gossip instagram page VieuxRiche. She was five feet five with blonde hair and tanned skin- "the picture of Americana," as one classmate described her.

Before moving to Manhattan, Amory was a Beverly Hills princess. Amory's Californian roots can be shown in the way she was dressed. Unlike her peers, who were constantly cladded in New York noir and East Coast plaid, Amory was So-Cal cool in low-as-you-can-go 7 For All Mankind jeans, a white shrunken tank top and Judith Leiber pumps. "Honestly England is too cold to dress like this, even in the summer," Amory said, "So I make sure to take the advantage of the heat while I'm in New York."

Currently, the young couple divides their time between the centuries-old Calloway Manor and Orson's Manhattan penthouse. They, after all, still are finishing the last few weeks of their high school career. The point seems to be lost on the two as they try to cope with the tragedy that has recently befallen the Calloway family.